Series: Other
Game: Guns of Icarus Online
Console: PC
Title: Adventure
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: SteventheSlayer

Yug_Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9YWfKj0r0
Hi! Welcome to NinSheetMusic! For future reference, it would be nice if you'd post a youtube link to the soundtrack like I've done here in the future, so everyone has the original song for reference.

Now I'm going to be frank with you: your .mus is a mess. I take it you probably use a different notation program like Sibelius or Musescore, yes? If so, there are ways to work around the problem. I would first suggest going to this thread here, where you can ask users to help you format your piece for Finale. I'm sure someone would be more than happy to help format your piece for you.

I will commend you on formatting the .pdf to fit most of the Formatting Guidlines; I can tell you put in a lot of effort to get it up to NSM standards. You did miss one or two things, such as "http://ninsheetmusic.org" having capital letters in the url, but those can be fixed once we get the .mus file up to snuff. I'd reccomend taking another look at the Formatting Guidlines, just to make sure we're all on the same page.

I don't typically critique anybody's actual music (because I'm usually really bad at it), but I will say that it's a good first arrangement, and matches the piece fairly well (except the tempo is sped up, but I think that might be Finale's fault, not yours). Though, do expect other users and staff to start critiquing your music. Nonetheless, I think the more important matter right now is formatting.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread, or send a PM to either me or one of the NSM Updating Staff. We're all here to help!

steventheslayer

Thanks for the critique!
Not going to lie, I hate Finale. Passionately. Hence why I use a different program.
So yeah, that causes problems, considering this site requires mus files.

And, um... yeah... we can call it my first arrangement...
I don't even...

Bespinben

I love to rant at Finale at all day too, but even your original PDF from your other program doesn't appeal visually much either. You got the notes, dynamics, articulation, but the engraving itself suffers from excessive horizontal collision. Hypermeter of most 4/4 songs is 4 bars per system, which can serve as a guide to how you format your sheet music. You can't blame Finale or any program for having FOURTEEN squished together like below; that's just bad notation and shows lack of understanding of music composition.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday