Game: Shadow of the Colossus
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Prayer
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zunawe

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zunawe

Gotta love Finale's ultra ritardando interpretation.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement! Makes me happy to see more SotC arrangements!

A couple of things:

M.8: Maybe write down the glissando octaves with notes instead, like 32ths, or use a grace note. It doesn't really feel like a glissando, but maybe that's just me.

M.10: The "mp", move it in a bit so it doesn't collide with any lines, it looks better that way. 

M.23-24: I think you're missing some notes. before the 2 last RH chords, I think there are short grace notes just before the chords, like lower chords.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Tanks

Maybe a grace note would work. Personally, it sounds to me like the octaves in "Gwyn, Lord of Cinder," which I would also write arpeggios for if they were more consistent through the piece. I'll admit, a two-note arpeggio is kinda strange, but it sounds like the lower note hits on the beat, and the higher one hits after, as if rolled up. But I don't know if it's supposed to be as rigid as a 32nd + other stuff. It was hard deciding what should be a grace note in this piece, especially given the general style concerning grace notes in the soundtrack in general.
Video Reference
[close]

Fixed spacing.

I'm not getting any grace notes. There's some wavy stuff going on and the piano echoes slightly. There's also a low voice that kinda fades into the same notes as the LH, but I don't know what you mean by grace notes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Latios212

Some small suggestions:
- It seems like you're using accent marks a little bit much, particularly in measure 3 where they're on all the RH notes. Perhaps just a dynamic change in measure 4 or something? Also I don't think they're really needed in 12-13.
- I think measure 19-20 LH would look nicer in bass clef.
- The cresc/dim in measures 9, 11, and 22 touch the right barline while the others don't. Mright look nicer if you nudge the right endpoint left a little. Also the f in measure 6 is a bit high.

That thingy in measure 8 looks fine to me. So do the last couple of measures.

Really nice sheet ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

Removed a bunch of accents. (It's such a hard-sounding piano)
Changed clef change location to 19
Changed spacing of stuffs.

I program things

Latios212

Cool. Just right-align the composer/arranger, fix the collision in m. 20 (selecting the whole note using simple entry tool should re-space things, then just move the articulation), and maybe raise the tempo marking a bit and we're good!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

I program things

Latios212

Select text boxes and then Ctrl+Shift+]. Silly, I know, but just for the sake of OCD...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

I mean, I did it, but it literally didn't change anything. This is what it looked like to me on both the PDF and MUSX before making the change:

I program things

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot