Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Troff 'n' Scoff
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

FireArrow

(Sorry I ditched school today and have a lot time...) Things I did:
-Added a hand cross in the intro so you can have those base notes. It's easy to play and adds a lot imo.
-Added the bass voice right below the RH. It's not really necessary but I'm always for adding more voices in any way I can.
-Added the arpeggiated Ab Major chord in measure 19.
-Fixed some slurs overlapping with staccatos.

Something you should consider:
-Having slurs across each measure in the LH is kinda redundant (the measure already denotes that it's gonna be a phrase) and causes a lot of clutter. You could get similar effect by just putting a legato somewhere.

[MUS]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 12:52:49 PM-Added a hand cross in the intro so you can have those bass notes. It's easy to play and adds a lot imo.
That's actually an MP3/Youtube glitch. I used that YT video because it's one of the only ones I could find that is correctly pitched. Compare it with this one that has the correct title and intro, but it's incorrectly pitched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHuWsGhFvg

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 12:52:49 PM-Added the bass voice right below the RH. It's not really necessary but I'm always for adding more voices in any way I can.
Oh nice. I like how you brought it up to the right hand. In general when I have a sweet and pretty piece like this, I try to keep it simplistic, but in this case.....I like how you added it. Thanks.

You may also be interested to know that I'm gonna be arranging this piece sometime soon. It's similar to this submission: Sweet and pretty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKuP3T6Igw

There are also quite a few voices, but I'll deal with that when I come to it.

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 12:52:49 PM-Added the arpeggiated Ab Major chord in measure 19.
-Fixed some slurs overlapping with staccatos.
Also good. Thanks.

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 12:52:49 PM-Having slurs across each measure in the LH is kinda redundant (the measure already denotes that it's gonna be a phrase) and causes a lot of clutter. You could get similar effect by just putting a legato somewhere.
I'm just gonna go ahead and show you this:
Spoiler
[close]
I would refer to legato as a "shortcut word." :P

Thanks for the feedback!

FireArrow

Quote from: Sebastian on April 27, 2016, 01:16:26 PMThat's actually an MP3/Youtube glitch. I used that YT video because it's one of the only ones I could find that is correctly pitched. Compare it with this one that has the correct title and intro, but it's incorrectly pitched.

Huh, go figure.

QuoteYou may also be interested to know that I'm gonna be arranging this piece sometime soon. It's similar to this submission: Sweet and pretty.

Seeing any DK64 music makes me happy tbh. There's just too much nostalgia.

QuoteI'm just gonna go ahead and show you this:
Spoiler
[close]
I would refer to legato as a "shortcut word." :P

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah. There's certainty no rules against it even if it's an unpopular opinion. Doing it your own way makes the arrangement your own, right? ;3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 01:24:51 PMYeah. There's certainty no rules against it even if it's an unpopular opinion. Doing it your own way makes the arrangement your own, right? ;3
Don't we run on unpopular opinions here on NSM? ;)

I currently don't have access to Finale, so it may be a little while before I get the links updated.

Sebastian

Zeta