[DELETED] [N64] Super Mario 64 - "Inside the Castle Walls" (Replacement) by François Gervais

Started by Zeta, May 08, 2016, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Inside the Castle Walls
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: François Gervais

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

DonValentino

fgervais

Oh this is a lot harder to play though. Do you have a video where you play it?

You definitely some parts better than I did but I feel that it's bit complicated for such a nice simple song.

DonValentino

No I don't, but honestly it's not that complicated, and at the very least the leap of difficulty between your edit and my arrangement is not big at all. The only significant difference relating difficulty is the second voice, which you as a performer can perfectly omit if you're not able to play it and include it when you can.

However the main issue is not the difficulty, but the accuracy and other important mistakes: you have wrong notes in the first part almost everywhere, you didn't change octave in the second part, you're missing the second voice...

On top of that, leaving mistakes aside, this doesn't really qualify as an edit, since it's still very similar and doesn't fix at all the issues with the already existing sheet.

fgervais

Ok I see your point.

By second voice do you mean the notes that show up in red in Finale?

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Right, so archiving this... (Don's sheet will be part of the SM64 update, when that happens)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle