Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Cranky's Lab
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WaluigiTime64

[attachment deleted by admin]

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

FireArrow

A natural -> Bbb in measures 4 and 12. Also 17-20 could be alternating between B major and C minor (Cb major makes no sense?), but I could be wrong so get a second opinion there.

Other than that good job!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

Alternatively you can make the octuplets into tremolos. Can explain how to do it if you want to and don't know.

Also move down the 5th and 6th systems a bit, they 8va line collides with stuff above it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WaluigiTime64

1. I want to make sure that the octuplets have their exact note values, which I don't think tremolos can do. If they can, then please help, because I have never used those tremolos before. (I just use the basic articulation "tr")
2. I use Finale Notepad, so I can't just move the systems. However, I did move the slurs and the 8va around so that nothing collides.

Tobbeh99

Tr is not tremolo, it is a "trill". A trill is a rapid alteration between the note indicated and a note above or below in the scale, depending on the trill. A tremolo is a rapid alteration between 2 notes, but not necessarily in a scale-step away from each other, so for example you can a tremolo with a C and a C higher up, like some sort of octave tremolo. A tremolo can have an exact value as well, it depends on the context whether the tremolo should be exact or not. So the tremolo can be used as an abbreviation instead writing down all the notes.

Look at this Beethoven piece. 1:55 is a good example of tremolo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvBJc9IovI
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WaluigiTime64

I don't know how I forgot that "trill" is the term for that. I rarely see the full word, so that might be it.
I'm actually quite undecided whether to use a tremolo or not, considering it can have the exact values. I might leave it at the exact notes.

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 29, 2016, 05:15:30 AMAlternatively you can make the octuplets into tremolos. Can explain how to do it if you want to and don't know.
The octuplets are fine. I agree with Waluigi and this is a perfect reason:
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 29, 2016, 05:36:57 AM1. I want to make sure that the octuplets have their exact note values, which I don't think tremolos can do. If they can, then please help, because I have never used those tremolos before. (I just use the basic articulation "tr")
Other Grant Kirkhope arrangements that have octuplets (or other fast notes like these) are written out because of this reason.
For example:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/1018
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/951
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/643

These are only 3 of many many examples.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot