Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Nimbasa City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Couple of quick visual things:
- Measures 4 and 9: the ties in those chords overlap. Maybe flip the middle two?
- Measures 10 and 18: you have the same layer collision, but the layer 2 G# appears on both sides of the chord. Pick whatever you like best.
- G# at the end of m. 24 is overlapping the chord. Perhaps delete the tied A whole note in the following measure since it pushes the A in layer 2 a silly amount to the right, and you can't hold it anyway.
- Makes it easier to read if you align swung eighths with triplets.
- You could have a note at the beginning to play the LH one octave lower and hide the 8vb if you like. (Not necessary, but the sheet would look cleaner I think.)

And nothing musically; it sounds great ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Thanks! Addressed according to all your comments except the last one which I couldn't understand.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

No problem!

By that, I meant like this sheet. It's not necessary by any means, but if it extends throughout a whole song of moderate length I like to eliminate the 8va line to save space.

Oh, and you didn't have to eliminate the A at the end of measure 24, just the whole note it was tied to. You can keep the eighth note if you like haha.

Edit: (Actually it's being restruck again right after so this works just fine too.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2016, 09:46:47 PMNo problem!

By that, I meant like this sheet. It's not necessary by any means, but if it extends throughout a whole song of moderate length I like to eliminate the 8va line to save space.
Oh right! Yeah I love that. It's going in when I get the chance tonight most likely)

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2016, 09:46:47 PMOh, and you didn't have to eliminate the A at the end of measure 24, just the whole note it was tied to. You can keep the eighth note if you like haha.
Edit: (Actually it's being restruck again right after so this works just fine too.)
Yeah your edit was my exact thought when I went to fix it. I think this will do just fine.

My Arrangements

Pianist Da Sootopolis

For the bass clef thing, you can also just write a bass clef with an 8 below it, indicating that everything in the bass clef is to be played an octave lower. Gets rid of the "informality", if you will, and saves all the room.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 04, 2016, 05:34:20 PMFor the bass clef thing, you can also just write a bass clef with an 8 below it, indicating that everything in the bass clef is to be played an octave lower. Gets rid of the "informality", if you will, and saves all the room.

I don't think NSM likes the nonstandard clefs, I've tried using them before.

Zeila

Quote from: Altissimo on April 04, 2016, 05:54:35 PMI don't think NSM likes the nonstandard clefs, I've tried using them before.
Yea, I think everyone agreed on not using those clefs (I remember seeing it, but idr where I found it). I tried using them before too

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 04, 2016, 05:34:20 PMFor the bass clef thing, you can also just write a bass clef with an 8 below it, indicating that everything in the bass clef is to be played an octave lower. Gets rid of the "informality", if you will, and saves all the room.
Yeah no we banned the use of those since they simply aren't really universally accepted in the world of piano scores yet. What Latios suggested is not only far more clear (especially to those with a very limited knowledge of notation), but also more conventionally used in general.

My Arrangements

Latios212

@PDS: Yep, basically. I asked this a while ago and it got resolved.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 24, 2015, 06:19:33 AMOctave clefs are something you use if you don't want your submission to be accepted d:

Hmm, while you're editing the sheet, maybe downsize everything a teeny bit to give the chords a little more horizontal space (measure distribution is good as is though!)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Zeta