[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Grand Finale" by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, March 28, 2016, 08:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 20, 2016, 06:32:57 PMRandom question; you have the first two notes slurred in M.1, as they should be, followed by two staccatos, but then in the following measure you only have the staccatos. How come?
Well because um, uh, err...I forgot it. Oops ;D. Will fix when I get to a computer in the morning. Good catch!

Edit: Fixed!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

This actually looks really good now. Given there are no wrong notes, I have few remaining suggestions in your path to perfection:

-Tempo marking: I would maybe make a little more space between the bpm and the "Allegro Grandioso". I would be inclined also make "Grandioso" lowercase rather than capitalized.
-Measure 2, Beat 3, LH: There's nothing wrong with having both noteheads right beside each other, but if you want to look really professional (and who doesn't?) you can do the following to show off. First, using your special tools, manually line up the noteheads so they land directly on top of each other. The result should be one solid notehead (as opposed to the open notehead used for whole notes and half notes) with stems coming out both sides. Be sure to move the second layer half notes so they line up with the first layer 16ths and not the other way around cuz otherwise it won't be aligned right. Then, also in your special tools you should have one to alter the notehead shape. Be sure you're in the first layer, then double click the first 16th of the run beginning on beat 3. Scroll down till you find the open notehead as defined earlier, and voila! You may have to line it up again a tad after doing that though so just adjust until it looks Latios-worthy.
-Measure 4, Beat 1, LH: You have the dotted line going over the eighth rest here, which gets the message across just fine, but I'm a master of technicalities. And if you too want to be a master of technicalities, you're gonna have to fix this. Have the line going into the rest, as the rest itself is part of that line. (To help illustrate, in technicalities, the way it's written now implies the line skipping over the rest; which is problematic)
-Final measure: Just looking at it, the triple forte seems a bit overkill. I mean, it's not wrong, nor could it be wrong necessarily, (especially with the seemingly reasonable use of the double forte in measure 2), idk. I guess what I'm trying to say is just be sure that you want the severity of a triple forte. Nothing wrong with that but this is your chance if you want to recall it to something less intense.

Otherwise it looks good to me. Good job, bud!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

Man, I just love your sheet analyses and suggestions. I can tell you really take a lot of time carefully reviewing them; thanks for that! :) Anyway, I made all the corrections and definitely agree with all of them. The fff was too much of me relying on Finale dynamics XD. Thanks again; files are updated!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot