News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Gourmet Race" by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, April 07, 2016, 07:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Onionleaf

I realise this isn't particularly important, and the sheet seems very good already, but I just wanted to throw in an opinion about that left hand. Personally if I were to start practising this piece, I would transfer those off-beat chords down a notch to make it easier to play. For example, the very first chord (m3) is in 2nd inversion, but would be so much easier to play at that speed if it was in 1st inversion instead (Eb G C) - or better yet, in root position (C Eb G), but that might be too convenient. :P

Other than that, I think it's an awesome sheet!

Sebastian

Looks like the sheet is almost there.
Some final thoughts:
- This is the correct harmony/other voice in M. 1. The one you have for M. 2 is technically not there, but I think it works nicely.
Spoiler
[close]
- The harmony you added from M. 11-18 is, frankly, only a bother. It's not in the original and clashes with the left hand most of the time. I believe the dynamic marking will suffice.
- You don't need the 8vb marking in M. 19-22. Just move all the notes an octave lower; also, in 19, go ahead and put the FF in between the staves. Same with M. 27-30.
- You're dynamic markings seem to vary on the extreme side. I guess that is up to you though.

Other than that, looks pretty good!

E. Gadd Industries

Both of these will be fixed after I finish my chores.
EDIT: There we go.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

@Onionleaf: Nice suggestion! I was thinking the same thing when I first looked at it. Much more playable now, good job Seb and E. Gadd!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot