[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Battle! (Cheren/Bianca)" (Replacement) by JDM

Started by Zeta, February 09, 2016, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Battle! (Cheren/Bianca)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

You make the best gen 5 sheets. Noice.

- m. 16 and similar - is the eighth rest in layer 1 necessary? It kind of gets in the way of the slurs and I notice you don't have it in 22.
- m. 23-24 - shift the layer 2 quarter notes to the left just a tad so it doesn't overlap.
- m. 25 - the slur overlaps the articulation.
- m. 28 - remove the high A? Or otherwise make it playable.
- m. 31 - move the system down a bit.
- m. 33-34 - RH plays p instead of mf. (only affects playback, but yeah).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2016, 04:58:51 PMYou make the best gen 5 sheets. Noice.
I have a dream... To get all the crappy B/W sheets out.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2016, 04:58:51 PM*Fixes and stuffs*
I'll get to that when I get the chance. Prob won't be long cuz reading week next week. Wheee
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2016, 04:58:51 PM- m. 16 and similar - is the eighth rest in layer 1 necessary? It kind of gets in the way of the slurs and I notice you don't have it in 22.
I need an eighth rest in one of the layers so I made them all look like 22 cuz that seemed most appropriate.
Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2016, 04:58:51 PM- m. 28 - remove the high A? Or otherwise make it playable.
I put parentheses around it to indicate that it doesn't need to be played and therefore gives what I recommend as the best option (that is, omitting it), but also leaves freedom for whatever the player wants to do as well as what they can do. Maybe they want to use their nose to get it (I've done that before). It lets them know what's going on and gives them the power to do what they want with it.

As for everything else I fixed it all as you suggested.

My Arrangements

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta