News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [3DS] Yoshi's New Island - "Staff Credits" by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, December 12, 2015, 01:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Yoshi's New Island
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Staff Credits
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Sebastian

NOTE: Didn't do epilogue even though it's included in this video. I couldn't find a Staff Credits in the correct key except this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OysuxlLWqvA

Tobbeh99

wow really nice song and great arrangement.

One thing: one the first page in general, I think it would be more clear if you'd use one layer for the melody and on for the chords. For example measure 4, split the chord on the 3rd beat into 2 layers: one for the melody note (G) and one for the chord. Same with measure 5 beat 3 and 4, split it into 2 layers; and this thing could be used throughout the first page essentially. I think this would make it easier seeing the melody line.

I also think that some notes in the LH like in measure 7-8,15-16 would look better in the RH, then you won't need any notation showing which hand to play what notes with.

measure 37: a small error, layer 2 seems to misaligned, you can see that on the A on the 1st beat.

also:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 06, 2015, 12:51:16 PM
detail thing
[close]
(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

You should just edit whatever template file you're using so you don't have to keep doing it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 12, 2015, 02:08:37 PMwow really nice song and great arrangement.

One thing: one the first page in general, I think it would be more clear if you'd use one layer for the melody and on for the chords. For example measure 4, split the chord on the 3rd beat into 2 layers: one for the melody note (G) and one for the chord. Same with measure 5 beat 3 and 4, split it into 2 layers; and this thing could be used throughout the first page essentially. I think this would make it easier seeing the melody line.

I also think that some notes in the LH like in measure 7-8,15-16 would look better in the RH, then you won't need any notation showing which hand to play what notes with.

measure 37: a small error, layer 2 seems to misaligned, you can see that on the A on the 1st beat.

also:

Yo! Thanks for the feedback!
I didn't really edit anything before submitting it (which was stupid of me), but I'll get that stuff updated ASAP.

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 12, 2015, 02:08:37 PMwow really nice song and great arrangement.
Thanks! This was a very enjoyable song to arrange.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 12, 2015, 02:08:37 PMOne thing: one the first page in general, I think it would be more clear if you'd use one layer for the melody and on for the chords. For example measure 4, split the chord on the 3rd beat into 2 layers: one for the melody note (G) and one for the chord. Same with measure 5 beat 3 and 4, split it into 2 layers; and this thing could be used throughout the first page essentially. I think this would make it easier seeing the melody line.
Interesting idea. I kinda did that where I thought it was necessary ( For example, Measures 4, 6, etc.). I don't really see any point in doing that in measures like 4, 5, and other places like it.
Most official music out there doesn't separate the chords and melody in this fashion (as far as I know) and doing that just for the sake of doing that isn't really necessary.
I do think this is an interesting idea though! I'd like to see what others think?

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 12, 2015, 02:08:37 PMmeasure 37: a small error, layer 2 seems to misaligned, you can see that on the A on the 1st beat.
Misaligned layers is something that I occasionally miss.....just ask Latios :P
Fixed.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 12, 2015, 02:08:37 PMalso:
Fixed.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 12, 2015, 05:35:05 PMYou should just edit whatever template file you're using so you don't have to keep doing it.
I actually did edit the template file that I use, but after I arranged this song.
I'll be extra careful so that it doesn't happen again 👍

Sebastian

I updated the tenths and put them in the right hand as Bespinben suggested.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Before it hits rock-bottom, is there any more feedback on this sub?

Sebastian

I don't know why this one is being ignored and, unfortunately, I can't read minds, so I will be submitting another song.