[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - "Ice Cap Zone Act 1" by cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, March 02, 2016, 05:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

cashwarrior1

I'm unsure if this sheet needs any more fixing, does it?

JDMEK5

Only two things from me:

-I would try resizing it down a bit to try to get it all on a single page. It just seems a little wasteful to need another page just for two measures.
-A tip: Measures 5, 7, 13, & 15; LH: You could hide the rests in the upper voice and flip the stems on the lower voice in all those beats to make it look more concise.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

cashwarrior1

While I can't actually do either of those, I found some life hacks to help manage that.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Whatever you did, undo it. The last system is near unreadable in the RH.
what is shitpost

cashwarrior1

Well, to please both of you, I'd have to ask someone else to do it, because I can't do freaking anything!

Sebastian

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 30, 2016, 07:03:57 PMI'd have to ask someone else to do it, because I can't do freaking anything!
Done.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rs5vq4qyha3tq1g/AAAqpmauuEGUs1X9F5Mcy5A-a?dl=1

What I did:
- Filled in the chords in the first few measures.
- Fixed the BPM to 138, not 120.
- Fixed a wrong note in M. 8.
- Fixed wrong left hand notes in M. 8 and fixed that passage up as a whole.
- There is a lot of repeating of the same thing, so instead of writing the same thing all out in different orders, repeating to the beginning should suffice.

Looks good!

cashwarrior1

Tobbeh99

Seb, your sheet looks better but M.8 seems kind of confusing. Why not just make a volta bracket instead?

Also you need another repeat at the end, sending you back to the beginning, as the song loops back again. I'd recommend something like a text "Da Capo".
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 01, 2016, 02:37:21 PMSeb, your sheet looks better but M.8 seems kind of confusing. Why not just make a volta bracket instead?
That's a possibility. Well, heck, now that I think about it, that would help the hypermeter. Excellent suggestion, Tobbeh.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 01, 2016, 02:37:21 PMAlso you need another repeat at the end, sending you back to the beginning, as the song loops back again. I'd recommend something like a text "Da Capo".
"Da Capo" or "Go To Measure 1" will suffice.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 01, 2016, 02:37:21 PMAlso you need another repeat at the end, sending you back to the beginning, as the song loops back again. I'd recommend something like a text "Da Capo".
Well, in the actual song, after it repeats back to beginning it plays the first section twice instead of four times and the "chorus" 4 times instead of two.

Tobbeh99

Aah y, it's more complicated than I thought. The best way to deal with this I think is to write a text like "play 2x times on DC repeat". An other option is to make 4 extra measures after the first 4, which are identical to the first 4. Then have a repeat (2 times) for m.1-4 and have another repeat (2 times) for m.5-8. Then have the repeat at the end take you back to measure 5. I don't like this option that much because it looks weird having first 4 measures with a repeat then 4 measures more that are identical to the first 4.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot