Title: World 4: Water Land
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Bespinben

Spellings for m. 4, 8, 12 (& loosely m. 20):

The reason why it's not Ebdim7 as you had it (Eb Gb Bbb Dbb) is because of the chord progression.

M. 3 --- C(add6)
M. 4 --- ??? ???
M. 5 --- D7(omit 3rd)
M. 6 --- G9(omit 3rd)

In order to determine what m. 4 is, we need to determine what would "lead in" to D7. Analysis yields that all the component notes of m. 4 form the upper structure of a D7b9 chord, so essentially m. 4 is a D7b9 chord minus the root D, and therefore is F#dim7.

...or, just don't use double flats in general when in simple keys, and you'll be right 90% of the time.

Also, measure distribution. There are PLENTY of ways to avoid having to resort to a "cut" system as you have at the end. Do a little trial and error and see what you come up with.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on October 07, 2015, 01:45:39 AMI won't harp on the diminished 7th chord spellings (ex: m. 4 & 8 ) other than the fact that they have the same chord progression and so should probably be spelled the same way
.....ok
Quote from: Bespinben on December 14, 2015, 03:25:31 PMSpellings for m. 4, 8, 12 (& loosely m. 20):

The reason why it's not Ebdim7 as you had it (Eb Gb Bbb Dbb) is because of the chord progression.

M. 3 --- C(add6)
M. 4 --- ??? ???
M. 5 --- D7(omit 3rd)
M. 6 --- G9(omit 3rd)

In order to determine what m. 4 is, we need to determine what would "lead in" to D7. Analysis yields that all the component notes of m. 4 form the upper structure of a D7b9 chord, so essentially m. 4 is a D7b9 chord minus the root D, and therefore is F#dim7.

...or, just don't use double flats in general when in simple keys, and you'll be right 90% of the time.

It was either what I had or an F#dim7. I went with Eb because I had Ebs and Gbs in the left hand of measure 8.
Fixed.
Quote from: Bespinben on December 14, 2015, 03:25:31 PMAlso, measure distribution. There are PLENTY of ways to avoid having to resort to a "cut" system as you have at the end. Do a little trial and error and see what you come up with.
I don't mind having a cut system.

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 14, 2015, 03:33:22 PMI don't mind having a cut system.

Yeah, no. The cut system doesn't really work in this instance, and just looks ugly when its only by an inch or so. You can easily do something like 4 5 5 4 4.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Had some Skype back-and-forth with MLF to grind out the minor kinks. Should be good now.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta