News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GBA] Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - "Sea of Trees" by cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, October 06, 2015, 04:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

DonValentino

It was arranged by you, I just corrected the mistakes and cleaned the sheet a little. Following your logic, what are we here for? xD
However, if you want to do it again yourself, go ahead, but it would be nice to squeeze it in this update nonetheless. I just say it for your own benefit, so you don't have to wait for the next one, but it's up to you after all :/

cashwarrior1

And here's where we come with a big problem. The laptop I've been using to create music is not charging so I gave it to my parents to see if they can fix it, they probably won't be able to send it to the store for about 3 weeks or so. So I can't work on music until then...

DonValentino

Dunno then :/

Edit: now to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want my efforts go to waste either, specially when I did it practically from scratch. In case you finally do want to fix it yourself and do your own version, could I keep mine for myself? Don't worry, I won't replace yours (when it's on site) with mine in the future. Nothing, nvm.

Bespinben

Cash has some really nice ideas for the texture of the arrangement, but I must heavily concur with the previous statement:
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on October 10, 2015, 04:47:26 AM*Woah! Found some wrong notes

That said, I have some strong suggestions for improving your sheet, while still maintaining the sense that it is yours, and yours alone:

1.) Measures 1-4 --- This section is made up of open fifth chords, meaning they do not have any 3rds. While I took the opportunity to help you properly spell these 3rds, they simply do not exist in the song:

The accurate transcription would be as follows:

2.) Measures 5-8 --- You need to fix the rhythm of the bass, and properly transcribe the 3 voices in the treble. There are tones in your version that don't exist in the song. Compare yours to how it should be:

...and:

3.) Measures 9-12 --- You have a great idea for the texture of this section, but it is poorly executed because the harmonies do not reflect the original at all:

Adaptation of your ideas to the correct harmonies:

4.) Measures 17-20 --- Harmonies are back on track (somewhat), but you still have extra voices that don't exist in the original. The bass rhythm has specific cut-off points as well which need to be notated:

Properly:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

^This is like, the most epic method (format) of correcting I've ever seen on these forums. Just sayin'; must've taken forever.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

cashwarrior1

Well, I can't work on it at home, but I now realize that I could possibly download finale at my Mom's office, because they have computers there and I'll work on fixing it (and re-listening to the song)

EDIT: I can't work on it this week, but hopefully next week :P

cashwarrior1

So, at my mom's office, the computer won't let me download finale notepad because it says the connection is unsafe and won't let me continue onward.

Bespinben

I think it's about time we closed shop on this one. It's too bad it had to come to this, considering how much effort had been put into this submission.

Le FIST.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday