Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite!
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Hamtaro Time
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altissimo

3 things:
1) This is the title screen theme of Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite, which is in-game referred to as Hamtaro Time. Hamtaro Time is also the name of the song used in the opening sequence of the English dub of the TV show, and as you can tell this is just a MIDI-fied version of the song. Accordingly, the sheet credits both the original composers of the song (English version; see point 2.) and the composer listed in the credits of the game. However I'm not sure if this should still be considered copyright to Pax Softnica (the game developer) or copyright to whoever would hold copyright on the show's song.
2) Hamtaro Time is only the title theme in the American/European version of the show, and therefore, is only used in the American/European releases of the game. The Japanese version uses its own show's title song for the title screen. Should there be some sort of note somewhere reflecting the fact that this is only in certain releases of the game? (It's not even in the soundtrack rip for the Japanese version of the game. Which means I'm not even sure if Satoko Yokota did this 8-bit arrangement, but nobody else is listed in the English credits of the game so this is the best I can do)
3) I got no idea how to notate the gliss type thing at the end or even if it's worth notating :V

Altissimo

Tobbeh99

Don't worry I'm here to break the silence, hopefully. :)

Formatting
-second page is too spaced out between systems and the first system of the page covers the second page title a bit.

Dynamics
-reconsider having more dynamics if it could add value to the arrangement.
-more specifically measure 15-17. I think it would be nice with some indicator of a change in dynamics/articulation. Either using different dynamics, or using articualtions (accents).

The gliss thing at the end
-experiment with what you could do to imitate that on piano. My first thoughts are either arpeggios upward, maybe landing on an octave below the high C in the RH, or an arpeggiated chord.

Otherwise I think it's a great arrangement! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 22, 2015, 04:42:55 AMDynamics
-reconsider having more dynamics if it could add value to the arrangement.

I had a lot originally. But whenever Latios reviews any of my 8-bit sheets he always recommends getting rid of my dynamics since they're not actually there in the original. :/

As for your other changes though I'll have some edits made a little later.

Edit: Fixed the spacing. However, I'm not sure to what extent I can include arpeggiation stuff for the final measure, simply because the left and right hand are playing Cs that are too far apart for either to be able to do anything else. I think I might just have to leave that bit out.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot