Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Poliwrath River
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: InsigTurtle

[attachment deleted by admin]

InsigTurtle

Bespinben

Oh boy!

Knowing your personal affinity for this piece, I don't think any part of this song would have escaped you, but I'd just like to confirm one thing:
- Was the omission of the plucked string bass intentional? In my mind, it's rather important because it's quarter-eighth-quarter-eighth pattern offsets the 3/4 time signature, giving a false sense of 2 dotted quarter beats (a la 6/8 time).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

InsigTurtle

While it isn't difficult at all to incorporate it, I just omitted it because I didn't like the way Finale played it back so strongly. I know that the MIDI isn't really important and that I could add some invisible articulations to it, but I reasoned that it made it easier to play, as well.

I could move the last two bass notes up into the treble, which would free up the L.H. for half a beat, making the jump to the string bass note on the upbeat easier.

While on the topic of omitted voices, I tried to add the pitched percussion instrument from m.19 to 26, but because I couldn't get the rhythmic feel of it to come out, and changing the octave it was in didn't seem to do any good. Should I add it back in anyway?

Bespinben

Ultimately, I just want to confirm you're satisfied with your arrangement. The way it is currently is very idiomatic of the piano, and so it's good in my book if it is in yours as well.

The pitched percussion instrument you speak of is the same one that's been playing throughout the piece (it practically doubles the string bass), unless you're referring to the claves, which are unpitched.

Btw, double-check your composer and copyright info. I think you mispelled "Noriko". If in doubt, just copy-paste from my SuperPMD submissions, lol.

InsigTurtle

Bespinben

One last thing -- I noticed you have a 2 measure system at the beginning and a 2 measure system at the end. If you merge them both into 4, and you'll save some space (unless ofc, this was intentional on your end for the sake of the hypermeter).

InsigTurtle

Zeta