[3DS] Pokémon X/Y - "Lumiose City" by braixen1264

Started by Zeta, June 14, 2015, 04:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Nice! Now we have some meat that we can pound.

Using layers when appropriate will greatly enhance the clarity of your notation. For example, instead of smashing everything together in layer 1 in m. 1-4, keep the melody distinct from your harmonies by using layers:

This doesn't always need to be the case, however. When the harmonies are in rhythmic unison with melody throughout a measure, it's often desirable to write both melody and harmony together in the same layer. Such is the case with m. 5-7.

Measures 5-7 have a different problem. Although they are layered correctly, the way the rhythms are spelled is redundant. It's not necessary here to show each individual beat in the RH, except beat 3. Therefore, it should be spelled as dotted quarter, 8th-tied-quarter, quarter. Apply this principle in m. 22, 25-28, & 30.

Also, remember to capitalize the URL (should read exactly as http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/), and add quotation marks around the Title of the arrangement.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

What should I do with the rests that show up on the second layer? Do I keep them in? I'm particularly confused with m.18-19
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

braix

Latios212

- Change game title to "Pokémon X & Pokémon Y", copyright to "Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2013"
- Those are some really big chords you got there in measure 12 and 17, toss the low B to the LH maybe in 12 and for 17, uh... take something out or roll it?
- Measure 12, beat 4 doesn't exist - it should be a 3/4 measure.
- Measure 8 and 18 you have a eighth tied to quarter in layer 1 and dotted quarter in layer 2. Change layer 1 to dotted quarter (like you have in the other measures).
- Measures 23-24, maybe incorporate some of the background voices for RH?
- Measure 30, you can combine layers.
- Measures 31-32, LH - Use dotted quarter again. Also is the voice really that low? Could we move it up an octave?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Fixed. For those last measures I thought it sounded strange when I raised it up an octave so I added some notes is that okay?

braix

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot