Series: Other
Game: Papers, Please
Console: PC
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: dublincalif

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

Tobbeh99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBQE_TNI7zw

Emm you've barely changed anything compared to the one existing, and the things you've changed like having the RH play certain LH notes are actually worse. And also since you haven't done any major changes compared to the already existing one, you can't take full credit for it, more so no credit since the changes were so small, and thereby is "a revised arrangement" . See this guide what I mean.

I would like to know the reason behind you're replacement, what you think the one on site is lacking.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

dublincalif

Sorry as this is my first time submitting anything. The way I found out the one on this website isn't accurate is from lucas pope himself, (the guy who actually made papers please) and he sent me a zip file with pdf sheet music and I changed the original papers please theme from here to match the actual sheet music. About the credit part i was just trying to follow the submission guidelines and I didn't want to screw anything up. Also i did read that guide before and I thought the changes were pretty major but like i said im not too sure how the submitting fully works yet as this is my first time. I just thought it would help the community a bit to have more accurate sheets.

Latios212

Maybe I'm not seeing something here, but what changes have you made besides moving some notes from LH to RH? (And yes what Tobbeh said, this doesn't help at all; it's impossible for the RH to play.)

Keep in mind here that our sheets are intended to be played by pianists, not computers, which sometimes results in some movement or omission of voices during the adaptation process. Which doesn't seem to be the case here, as the correct notes are already on the existing sheet.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

dublincalif

:O My bad! I accidentally submitted and created the files for the wrong midi! The one i submitted was incomplete! I am very very sorry and i will hopefully submit the correct one next time and actually listen to it. If a mod can delete this post that would be great, this is not the right submission :(

Latios212

Aha. Much better.

Just edit the files in the NSM Panel; no need to create a new thread.

But keep in mind, if you're working off of the existing sheet on site, you'll need to still list this as a revised replacement and keep McDucky as the arranger.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

dublincalif

So if i submit it will i get any credit for it? I mean I know i am doing this for the community and all. Even if i dont i will still submit it.

dublincalif

There i replaced them with the right files. Hopefully this will be able to help people out and get accepted :)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

A couple things, regardless of the confusion of "is this a replacement or a new sheet" etc, which I'll leave you guys to dispute.
      Formatting
Mandatory/Highly Recommended
- You have no metronome marking.
- Don't put measure numbers on both staves. It makes things cluttered.
Recommended:
- You should put a musical direction along with your MM.
- Put some expression text in if you can; if not it's not a huge deal.
- You should make the staff(ves) a grand staff instead of a conjoined grand staff, it looks more pianoey  ;D

Arranging
-M. 19 et 20; Those intervals are impossible to reach in the RH- at measure 19 that's the interval of a 13th. Not even Sergei Rachmaninoff, the pianist with the largest hands ever documented, could reach that.
(I don't think so anyways).

More to come, I have to go for a bit.
what is shitpost

dublincalif

You are right, those were supposed to be on the left hand side infact i remember changing them all. I guess i forgot to save one time and thats probably the reason i uploaded the wrong ones in the first place. I'll fix all of that now.

dublincalif

looks like at some point i must've deleted the final midi file and i do NOT want to go through the troubles of making that again in finale, it is very very frustrating (probably because i dont know how to use finale very well) so i will delete this post

DonValentino

Quote from: dublincalif on October 29, 2015, 08:05:28 PMso i will delete this post

Oh don't worry I was going to anyway :J

Look, this is an obvious midi copy-paste (wow invisible accelerando and staccatos), and that is not welcome here at all.
Also, please stop claiming midis you got here at NSM as yours, because they're not. Give credit to their creators at least.

Mind this for future submissions too, they will be deleted if we detect they were made straight from a midi file. Good luck trying to fool us ;J