News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Uh oh (Momentary scare...)

Started by Gooch, July 06, 2008, 09:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooch

k, so i was playing Pokemon Pearl the other day and decided to hit the GTS and pick up the last 3 pokemon i needed to get a complete pokedex (453 or something close to that) well, the pokemon i needed were the evolutions of as well as cyndaquil. Well, guess what i got when i traded it. A cyndiquil, then only thing is that next to its name in the Summery section was a purple box that read PKRS (not player killers, fools) but something that scared me at first. Well, i trained it a little and it got damaged so i decided to go to the pokecenter and instead of the typical "We hope to see you again" from "Nurse Joy" (if that IS her real name) i got a very strange message telling me that some of my pokemon may be infected by the pokerus, a virus that is little understood. Well, from there my heart was pounding because if this thing was in my team, well, i was skrewd because i had about 3 generations of pokemon in my team. But, her next words soothed me, she told me that it pretty much gave huge stat boosts at every level and nothing else.
So, my story is over, im more at peace, but still a little worried because my entire team has the pokerus now (they all have PKRS next to their name) so can anyone tell me if stat boosts is the only thing that accompanies pokemon, or does death come about? anyone else have this strange conatagion lurking in their pokeballs?

starpikachu

Are you serious? You've never heard of Pokerus? It's a condition that affects your Pokemon. I've had it before (well, not me, my brother actually, he just gave a Pokerus-infected Pokemon to me) and your Pokemon don't die or anything. I don't know if it actually boosts your Pokemon's stats because, after leveling up my Gallade with Pokerus, it made no difference in the stats it gained. If you keep a Pokemon with Pokerus in your team, it will spread to the other Pokemon in the team if they don't have Pokerus. However, Pokerus can get cured if you leave it there for too long. Once it does get healed, that Pokemon can't get Pokerus again. If you want to keep Pokerus, infect a useless Pokemon and keep it in the PC.

I guess that's all you need to know...

And, uh, just because I feel like it: Serebii.net's Description

Gooch

I know for it increases stats just cuz when i leveled teh cyndequil, the stats seemed to increase doubley (i mean, since when has a level 9 pokemon got a plus 6 to his attack?). And i've heard of the pokerus before, its just i've never experienced it and didn't know exactly what it did, i've only heard it is some weird status thing that originated in Japan or something....

Echo

Stats in Pokemon are calculated in a pretty complicated way. One factor of how your stats are calculated is by the pokemon you beat, which give you "Effort Values" depending on what type they are. Just read this if you're curious: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

So with Pokerus, you get double the amount of EVs from Pokemon you beat.

PseudoMario16

hey, does any1 know if you can get pokerus on pokemon emerald, and if you can, how you would get it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

starpikachu

My brother first got Pokerus in Ruby, so you can get it in Emerald. He was just lucky and a wild Pokemon he was fighting was infected with Pokerus and passed it onto the Pokemon he was using. :P Finding a Pokemon with Pokerus will be tough. No trainer Pokemon have it and very few wild Pokemon have it. It's much like finding a shiny Pokemon without hacks, which my brother also somehow did in both Ruby and Pearl.

KefkaticFanatic

This has been around for ages and is insanely rare.  You are insanely lucky.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

I've wanted the pokerus so badly....man you're lucky.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

MetroidHunter26

I have a ton of charmanders with pokérus ;D I bred them and made them hold pokérus so I have a reserve of it. Cause over a period of time it just becomes a dot meaning that it's pokérus is complete and wont have any distributive propertys anymore :\

pumpy_heart

Quote from: Gamer4250 on July 07, 2008, 07:07:21 PMThis has been around for ages and is insanely rare.  You are insanely lucky.
He got it from GPS...and it isn't insanely rare...
I can give it to anyone who needs it. I just keep a pokemon infected with it in my PC at all times so I can give it to my pokemon when the time is needed.
Pokerus cures after a day out of the PC. To prevent this, put them in the PC, then save. They will still have Pokerus whenever you come back.

Mike

Pfff. I could easily make a Pokemon game with only shiny rare Pokemon and give them all Pokerus and make them lvl 100. Flash cart ftw.

Sirus

Quote from: Mike on July 12, 2008, 07:39:07 AMPfff. I could easily make a Pokemon game with only shiny rare Pokemon and give them all Pokerus and make them lvl 100. Flash cart ftw.
lol

Shiny Boy

But you're missing something here. Some people like PLAYING games. Some people even like completing them. In my experience, a game gets boring pretty quick once it's completed.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!