Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Cremia's Carriage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Good arrangement!

some suggestions I have:

-Cross-staff would be excellent in measure 1 and 2. Then you have the right hand remain in treble-clef.
-You could have the measure per system as: 2,4,4. It might look better having the repeated section on the two later systems, but the drawback is that the first system is going to be a bit stretched out.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 22, 2015, 11:40:05 AM-Cross-staff would be excellent in measure 1 and 2. Then you have the right hand remain in treble-clef.
I agree.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 22, 2015, 11:40:05 AM-You could have the measure per system as: 2,4,4. It might look better having the repeated section on the two later systems, but the drawback is that the first system is going to be a bit stretched out.
Eh, I don't like it when parts are stretched out that much.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Added the cross-staff thing. I also implemented the 2, 4, 4 thing but the exact distribution is up to the mods to decide somewhat collaboratively.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Bespinben

There's not a very satisfying measure distribution with the current material, BUT here's a solution if you're willing to do a little work:

-Distribute the measures into 4 systems: 3, 3, 3, 1
-Compose a 2 measure cadence to fill in the gap, resulting in: 3, 3, 3, 3
-For ideas, I rather like using the iv6 -> I cadence for this sort of song (think "Bubbles Shining Over the Sea", which is an endless loop of this progression)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

Quote from: Bespinben on October 16, 2015, 03:39:58 PMThere's not a very satisfying measure distribution with the current material, BUT here's a solution if you're willing to do a little work:

-Distribute the measures into 4 systems: 3, 3, 3, 1
Ok sure.

EDIT: But now that last measure be all lonely like. Me no like.
EDIT AGAIN: Never mind I think I done went and fixed it.

Quote from: Bespinben on October 16, 2015, 03:39:58 PM-Compose a 2 measure cadence to fill in the gap, resulting in: 3, 3, 3, 3
-For ideas, I rather like using the iv6 -> I cadence for this sort of song (think "Bubbles Shining Over the Sea", which is an endless loop of this progression)
Haha hey I'm the one against composing cadences, remember? XD

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Maybe have 3,3,2,2. That way there will no single-measure-system. And I also don't think a cadence is needed, the song loops perfectly fine. 

Also measure 3: The dynamics are a bit obscure I think. Maybe notate a F between the staves and a mf below the LH, which I assume you meant (RH plays F, LH plays mf).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I like the measure distribution as is. To me, having the notes spaced evenly is more important aesthetically than making sure the last system is filled up.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Sheet looks beautiful now. Dynamics are fine as is, since writing one dynamic usually implies to emphasize the melody over the accompaniment anyway.

One thing I'm concerned about is how exactly do you intend m. 3, 6, and 10 to be played? I understand using the RH is implicit, but at exactly what point should it come in?

I guess all I'm asking for really is an RH marking or a solid line  ::)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta