News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

CosmicProp's Semifinished Arrangement

Started by CosmicProp123, July 08, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicProp123

would you mind telling me some arrangements? I only do mario songs, preferably the galaxy and paper mario series
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Maelstrom

Quote from: CosmicProp123 on July 09, 2015, 02:59:15 PMwould you mind telling me some arrangements? I only do mario songs, preferably the galaxy and paper mario series
First and foremost:stay away from arranging Super Paper Mario songs if you value your sanity.
Don't limit yourself to Mario songs. Saying you will only arrange Super Mario tracks is pretty close-minded. Try to branch out.
Why am I saying this?
Because a lot of the best and easiest Mario songs have already been done. That doesn't mean there aren't still some out there, but, if you want to arrange things that don't have Ninsheet sheets yet, you may want to look elsewhere for easy pieces. While there aren't many sheets for the most recent Mario games, those tend to be much harder to arrange, rather than easier. I'll look through a few songs and see if there's any Mario songs that stick out. I would recommend, however, that you finish your current arrangement before moving on to the next.

CosmicProp123

Greatly appreciated. Thank you. How was the song itself? so far?
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Maelstrom

First, let me give you an emenxly helpful tool:
http://www.audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/
It requires an mp3, but it will let you slow down the song as much as you want. And it's free and requires no download. Pretty nice overall.
As for feedback:
First of all, copy+paste what you have into the NSM template. It will save you soooo many headaches later down the line (It can be found on this page)
Don't be afraid to put both parts of the opening in the same hand. It will make things much easier to sight read. Secondly, that F# is a C. Not an F#.
The octaves for measure 3 are just wrong. It should be F# C# C#(8va higher) F# with the whole run starting an octave lower.
You're going to need some creativity to fit the rest of the song in two hands the way you're doing it. You don't need to follow all my suggestions because that's all they are: suggestions.
I suggest you move that continual line (the one you have in two hands) down an octave and put it entirely in the LH. I would tell you to change the base clef to a treble clef, but Notepad won't let you.  :(
I'm not an expert on time sigs, but I think this might work just fine in 4/4 instead of cut time.
Double check the rest of the notes with audiostretch.
That's all for now.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 08, 2015, 06:34:17 PMI merged your two topics together in order to prevent future confusion. You can edit the original post by pressing the [edit] button in the top-right of the post.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!