News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2015

Started by DonValentino, March 05, 2015, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 18, 2015, 11:04:50 AMPeople get bored of seeing the same recycled content, which is what Nintendo has been using as a crutch for a long, long time.
I could make the argument that this is game design 101 and that Nintendo is nowhere near the worst offender of this, but I will agree that there is room for improvement and expansion on the formulas they've already created.
Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 18, 2015, 02:00:49 PMI really would like to know why I see some people overjoyed it's SF64 gameplay and others upset that it's a reboot, as I didn't follow it back then...
Call it a clone on older concepts or not, the core gameplay of Starfox that Nintendo had set out to create in the first place was space battles and dogfights. Adventures was a huge mistake in that regard, as the game wasn't even supposed to be a Starfox game until Miyamoto saw the early builds and was like "gee, the main character looks a bit like Fox, doesn't he?" Starfox 0 is taking the series back to its roots, for better or for worse.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

So uh, there's no F-Zero but this seems like the next best thing:

Supposedly this is the slowest speed setting.

me irl
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

Shinen makes great games most of the time, so I honestly hope Nintendo would work with them to make this an F-Zero game. Have another company do the work so they don't have to, and fans will be happy!

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

KefkaticFanatic

I don't think we necessarily need people to make Nintendo's IPs for them, I find it totally acceptable and perhaps preferable for developers to come to the console themselves with their own games.  That's the kind of thing that makes it actually appealing to buy, since they're pretty lacking in exclusives beyond first party.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 18, 2015, 02:00:49 PMEarthbound Beginnings, (Being my favorite in the series) Fatal Frame, Super Mario Maker and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon were the highlights for me this year.
It's really kind of sad only one of those four actually got time during the digital event.

Nebbles

The digital event seriously felt lacking.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fank009

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 18, 2015, 08:18:49 AMIt's not the end of the world if Nintendo doesn't announce every big title in their arsenal at E3. That's what Nintendo Directs are for.

Basically describes my thoughts about the e3 digital event. thinking about everything "big" that has came out recently it feels like they had no cards in their hand for e3.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bespinben

You're welcome

Part 2

[close]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Dudeman

i could watch this for days
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Thank you, Bespinben, for the new best news headline.