News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

REMAKES

Started by ThatGamer, December 20, 2014, 11:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following games would you like to see as HD remake, or WiiU remake?

Metroid Prime Trilogy
3 (23.1%)
Super Mario Sunshine
4 (30.8%)
Super Mario Galaxy
1 (7.7%)
TLOZ: Ocarina of Time
0 (0%)
Donkey Kong Country Returns
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Wii
0 (0%)
BattleToads
3 (23.1%)
Pikmin
1 (7.7%)
Sonic and the Black Knight
0 (0%)
All of the above
0 (0%)
None
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

KefkaticFanatic

You should remember that "I dont like it" doesn't always equate "the game sucks".  There is a difference between a subjective and objective statement.  If you want to be making an objective one, you better be coming up with some sort of justification/evidence beyond "I dont like it" ;)

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 20, 2014, 01:15:56 PMYou should remember that "I dont like it" doesn't always equate "the game sucks".  There is a difference between a subjective and objective statement.  If you want to be making an objective one, you better be coming up with some sort of justification/evidence beyond "I dont like it" ;)

Ok, I don't like Pokemon B\W because:

1. It's repetitive.

2. Too much dialogue.

3. It's old.

4. It's uninventive.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Not to single you out, ThatGamer but let's just say I haven't met a lot of people with your kind of taste before. What are your thoughts on Pokémon games in general? And I'm talking about the RPG mainstream "Trainer" games that primarily make up the franchise and started it all. I'm not going to judge you on your opinion; I'm just curious though I will suggest giving every game a chance before saying you don't like it. (This goes for anything and everything)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

blueflower999

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 20, 2014, 01:25:57 PMOk, I don't like Pokemon B\W because:

1. It's repetitive.
I can't think of any games that aren't repetitive.

Quote2. Too much dialogue.
Not nearly as much as some other RPGs, plus most of it is optional and all of it can be skipped rather quickly if you really hate reading well-written text that much.

Quote3. It's old.
Didn't it come out like three years ago? Also, since when does being old make a game objectively bad?

Quote4. It's uninventive.
If you think it's uninventive, you haven't analyzed the game enough. Pokemon is easily the most complex strategy game ever made on one level and the most expansive RPG game ever made on another level. The series hasn't totally re-vamped its concept in the 16 years or so that it's been out because it doesn't need to.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

^True, plus all Pokémon is basically the same game so it's sort of an "I love them all" or "I hate them all" and certainly not "this one is far far worse than the rest of the series."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 20, 2014, 05:51:11 PMIf you think it's uninventive, you haven't analyzed the game enough. Pokemon is easily the most complex strategy game ever made on one level and the most expansive RPG game ever made on another level.
I gotta disagree with this claim, sorry blue :/
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 20, 2014, 05:24:18 PMNot to single you out, ThatGamer but let's just say I haven't met a lot of people with your kind of taste before. What are your thoughts on Pokémon games in general? And I'm talking about the RPG mainstream "Trainer" games that primarily make up the franchise and started it all. I'm not going to judge you on your opinion; I'm just curious though I will suggest giving every game a chance before saying you don't like it. (This goes for anything and everything)

Well, I'm just not an rpg fan, so yeah. I'd rather play a mario game, or better, a shooting game, if I was allowed.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Sebastian

Gotta admit guys that Mario is better than pokemon.

And I actually dont mind dialogue. Its what makes a game worthwhile imo. Paper Mario: The Thousand year Door has a ton fo dialogue... :)

mikey

It's true that mario is better than pokemon, but they're really different types of games and hard to evaluate together.
None of them can compare to a good old zelda game though.  Zelda's got it all.
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 20, 2014, 09:12:01 PMIt's true that mario is better than pokemon, but they're really different types of games and hard to evaluate together.
You're right.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 20, 2014, 09:12:01 PMNone of them can compare to a good old zelda game though.  Zelda's got it all.
Debatable...

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

I would definitely not call Pokemon the "most complex strategy game ever made" consider the many other strategy games that have much more, well, strategy involved, plus the multitude of other RPGs in existence that have similar or greater levels of complexity.  However calling it completely oversimplified would be false as well :P

But, I can accept that somebody just doesn't like RPGs.  They are broadly a very similar genre so if you dislike the feel then that could just be that.

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

These are all good games, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, but the best, is: MARELDAMON