News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Need help recognizing an instrument!

Started by CLBGM, November 15, 2014, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLBGM

Hi I need help recognizing an instrument. What's the instrument playing the ostinato in the background between 0:26 and 0:32 (not the brass one, the one that is 6 eights per measure)?. It sounds so cool! I'm guessing it could be a clarinet or a bassoon, but im not sure. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: And it plays again at 0:39 - 0:45 :)

Dudeman

Hm...I really think it's a violin section. I'm not hearing any sort of woodwind sound. Then again I may not be hearing the right part...but that's what I'm getting.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

CLBGM

Quote from: Dudeman on November 15, 2014, 11:29:23 PMHm...I really think it's a violin section. I'm not hearing any sort of woodwind sound. Then again I may not be hearing the right part...but that's what I'm getting.

There's a violin section playing too, but a more quiet figure. To me it sounds like a oboeish viola/violin solo xD

Olimar12345

The arpeggiated line? Sound like high strings and clarinet to me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

CLBGM

Hmm, i tried transcribing that part for Bb Clarinet, and then added a violin section doing the same thing. It sounded very similar, it's a good VSTs matter i think. MIDI

Well thanks guys for clearing that up :)

EDIT: Naah it's an oboe XD