[MUL] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - "Running / Countdown" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, October 15, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Bespinben

*Measures 5-7 ~ There is no tie in the lower layer from beats 1+2 to beat 3. It strikes again on beat 3. That said, combine the two layers in the RH into one layer, as they are rhythmically in unison.
* Measure 9 ~ The D is a D#; also, the 2nd voice in the RH overlaps with the bass. Perhaps omit the top octave of the the bass for that measure.
* Measure 10 ~ There is no tie on from beat 3.75 to beat 4. It strikes again on beat 4.
* Measure 13 ~ The wind instruments in this measure add some harmony you missed. Add a 3rd below each of the melody notes in beats 3-4, except beat 3.75. That stays the same (the B-E 4th). Combine the layers again, like in m. 5-7.
* Measures 17-20 ~ Make the RH an octave higher (I'd recommend via ottava marking [8va]), and the bass an octave lower. Also, see what you can do about filling out the chords for these measures. The brass section in the original are doing that, so we should too. One way you could do this is (taking m. 17 for example) playing an E in between the A bass, making a strong open fifth, and writing a whole tone C (the 3rd of Am chord) as a 2nd layer under the RH. Or whatever you want. That's the fun of arranging.
* Measures 21-23 ~ Good thing we got talking about the brass section in the previous blurb! I assume that's what you were trying to emulate with the upper layer of the LH? It's actually very simple. It's not syncopated as you wrote, but simply strikes on beat 1, holds 1.5 beats, strikes on beat 2.5, holds 1/2 a beat, strikes on beat 3, and holds 2 beats. Also, there are more of those flute harmonies you can add to the melody. Just do 3rds again under the melody, like in measure 13.
 * Measures 24-25 ~ Fill in the chords! Give it some flavor. (Answer: D major, E major, F major, G major)

Gotta go in a bit, so that's all I have time for tonight. I'll finish up my analysis later. Hope this helps!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Finished it a few days ago, but forgot to upload.
Fixed.
A few of those surprised me but I heard them when I was looking for them.

Olimar12345

Here is a version I edited to save us some time. If is good with you, update the links on the op. Some things to point out though:

-The quindicesima bassa in the LH is impossible to play for longer than the first measure it is written, since it starts on the lowest note of the piano and only goes lower. I think it is fine in the register written with no octave transposition.

-The ottava alta is for some reason only an expression?

-A lot of your RH stuff didn't match the style your LH was playing in. That trumpet is definitely not playing legato!

-Dynamics towards the end were a bit scarce imo ;/

-In general, a lot of small, subtle things were left out. Try not to over use that Copy/paste button, there d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

So, that's it? I don't really like measures 5-16 now. I hear it now, but I think the octave pattern thingy stops at measure 12.
Or at least I can't hear it anymore. :P

Olimar12345

Forgot a few small things-updated the links again. This one it good.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!