News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Clanker's Tale 1.5

Started by Clanker37, February 02, 2013, 08:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

So, due to Slow and K-Night reigniting my passion for writing, I am officially starting up my story, Clanker's Tale, a Pokemon fan-fic, again. This will be the final reboot of this story and as such I want it to last. This is why I have made an entirely new topic. This is where the story shall continue, a fresh. It will take off from the end of Chapter 11, but will take place here. I wanted to make a new topic so that I wouldn't have to edit the first post of the original, which was the first chapter. Also The beginning of the story is messy and I can't be bothered fixing it.

And with a new topic, comes new features! 'Huh? New features?' I hear you ask. Well, as I am considering this a new story, I want new readers. Maybe even old ones who quit. So, I'm going to make it easier. I'm going to try and make chapters shorter, so you don't have to sit there for hours on end just for one chapter.

Also I will include a PDF download for those who don't want to read it on the forums and/or want to take it with them in real life.

Also, for new readers, here is a short digest of what's happened so far:

All the Gym Leaders from Kanto through to Unova as well as the Elite Four members, Champions and Frontier Brains all excluding Juan and the Subway Brainy people, are on the S.S Anne on their holiday. Also, Slow, Fingerz and I are there, for no particular reason.

On the S.S Anne, they all take place in the Pent-Region Tournament.  Currently, the following people remain:

Slow, Shauntel, Burgh, Liza and Tate, Alder, Agatha, Gary, Steven, Grimsley, Glacia, Aaron, Koga, Wallace, Fingerz, Bertha, Cynthia, Roark, Roxanne and me, Clanker.

Who will win the tournament? Read this story to find out!

Anyways, so Sub-plots, and god are there many! Most of my chapters of people being in love or hating each other so if you're here for Pokemon, read this anyway.

So, Misty's an alcoholic, Erika has a 'suspicious smoky smell' about her. Janine's being abused by her father, Koga. Whitney was bitten by a Sharperdo and is currently in a coma. Bruno is training the other fighting type peopol (E.g Maylene, Chuck, Brawly and Marshal) because they lost in the tournament. Roark and Roxanne are in love, but everyone else seems to know something that we and they don't. Wallace was involved in a vicious sex scandal before the trip. He is afraid of Tucker, for some reason. Grimsley's being a prick to Burgh. Elesa want to go out with Brawly, but Brawly likes Jasmine better. And Caitlen is having dreams about the S.S Anne. Clanker, Fingerz and Slow are scared of perverted girls.

In an ideal world, I would've liked to have had everyone be involved in the plot, but there are 77 noticeable characters in this story, and I already have 2 love plots, so to prevent confusion and repetition, I will make it so these are the plots I will continue. I've probably left something out, so if I have please tell me! And you shall win a cookie. :3

So, if you've read this post so far, well done! You can read the first 10 chapters of my story in this topic.

Here is Chapter 11 as PDF If you just read my digest of this story so far, then Chapter 11 should make sense. If it doesn't, then I really suck.

So, please read my story! I have many plans. And could you live with yourself, if you didn't know what was wrong with Roxanne?

Download these chapter as PDF!

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Clanker37

So it turns out I'm a liar. But I has done a chapter! I hope to continue this, but because school and my lazy ass takes up a lot of my time, may be massive gaps. I hope to get ebtter.

So chapter 12! Thoughts, comments, advice, hate, even if you want to announce your love for chocolate below! Anything's great.

Here it is as a PDF!

Chapter 12
It was another calm day out on the ocean. Overnight, the S.S Anne had entered Hoenn waters and as a result, the number of Wingulls around the ship greatly increased. Burgh was awoken by the croaky calls of, "Wingull! Wingull!" which sound similar to nails on a chalk board. Enraged, Burgh burst out on to the deck.
"Can't anyone sleep around here?" he called.
"Nice pyjamas," said Gardenia, whom he hadn't noticed.
"Yeah," said Thorton, "Usually people are awake by 11." Burgh went red.
"My pyjamas are made from my very own Caterpie's silk," he said, "If you must know."
"Yeah, whatever," said Gardenia, "C'mon, we'll take you to breakfast."
Just as the three friends sat down at their table they heard Drake call out:
"Oh! 'Tis going to be an interestin' round, this one," he said, loudly.
"Eh?" called Thorton.
"Have ye ne seen the line up?" Drake asked, across the room, "Of the next round,"
"Is it up?" Gardenia asked .She and Thorton walked across the room. Burgh was more interested in his Chesto tea. On the wall where Drake stood was a great, big pin up board. It had the results of the tournament as well as the itinerary for the ship with maps. Drake pointed to the sheet of paper where the next tournament round was displayed. This is what it looked like:

Fingerz Vs. Norman
SlowPokemon Vs. Shauntel
Liza and Tate Vs. Wallace
Agatha Vs. Cynthia
Steven Vs. Alder
Roxanne Vs. Roark
Gary Vs. Clanker
Burgh Vs. Grimsley

"Ohohoho," said Thorton, "Very interesting battle indeed."
"Yeah Steven vs. Alder," Gardenia put in, "That'll be the battle of the century."
"No, no, no," said Thorton, "Look at who's versing who! It's obvious that some troll is at work here." Gardenia took another look, then she exclaimed in realisation.
"Liza and Tate Verse Wallace!" she exclaimed. Thorton smiled.
"There's more," he said, "Roxanne and Roark. Gary and Clanker. Fingerz and Norman." Gardenia let out another surprised gasp.
"Ach! It's obvious someone's done this deliberately," said Drake.
"Huh?" Gardenia said.
"Well, they've all been put together so that the champions can reorganise their listings," said Thorton. Gardenia looked puzzled.
"Oh you remind me of Candice sometimes!" Thorton said rudely, "You see, Liza and Tate are more popular than Wallace and as you know the 8th gym leader is consider of Elite Four superiority, especially in Hoenn-"
"If I have to co-operate with that dead beat-" Drake interrupted but Thorton pressed on,"-but due to the rules, only those who beat their superior Gym Leader can take over."
"So, Steven can only promote Liza and Tate if they beat Wallace, but if they don't, Hoenn's stuck with the failure of Wallace as their 8th Gym Leader. The same applies for Gary and Clanker. Clanker could overtake Gary as Champion if he wins," Thorton explained.
"Oh," said Gardenia. She then screwed her face up again, "What about Roxanne and Roark?" Thorton smiled.
"It seems that Dexter knows more than he lets on." Burgh suddenly realised he was all alone.
"What?" he said. Gardenia and Thorton looked over.
"Have you been there all this time, Burgh?" Gardenia asked, "Come and see the listings for the next round!" Burgh got up and took a look at the listings. Burgh's legs wobbled. He dropped his mug of tea with a smash. Immediately a waiter appeared and cleared the mess up. He felt sick to his stomach.
"What is it, Burgh?" Gardenia.
"Oh no," said Thorton, "He's versing Grimsley."

Winona and Lorelei were sitting out on the deck, soaking up the sun in their bikinis. They were silently ravishing the summer rays which were constantly being interrupted by passing Wingulls, when Janine walked up. She wore a stoutly dress with long sleeves and a big floppy hat.
"Oh! Janine!" said Winona. She and Lorelei sat up. Janine sat on the deck chair next to them.
"You've regained some colour!" Lorelei said. Janine smiled weakly.
"Thank you," she said. Winona and Lorelei layed back down. Janine uncomfortably laid herself out. There was a short pause.
"What's today?" Winona asked.
"Well, we were supposed to go into the Shoal Cave," said Lorelei. "However, ever since Whitney's accident, Dexter has banned all outer boat activities."
"Ah well," said Winona, "Shoal Cave's nothing special. Unless you like Spheals."
"I wanted to catch one!" Lorelei said, "And a Snorunt! Espeacially what Glacia did with that Glalie of hers."
"Father says that Glalies are weak," Janine said. The air went sour.
"I disagree," said Lorelei matter-of-factly, "They are ice type. Therefore they cannot be weak." Winona snorted. Then let out a scream.
"What is it?!" Lorelei asked, sitting up. Janine was horrified.
"A flaming Wingull just pooped on me!" she wailed as she looked in horror at her stomach where a small white pile sat. It was wet and began to trickle down her side. Lorelei laughed.
"That is the funniest thing I've ever-AHHH!" Lorelei screamed in horror as a similar pile of Wingull digestion landed on her leg. Winona laughed.
"Serves you right for laughing!" said Winona. Janine could hardly breathe. She was laughing more than she had had in a long.
"Shut up, Janine!" Lorelei shrieked, "It's not funny!" Lorelei and Winona both ran haphazardly to the pool showers, Janine chortling along behind them.

The world was dark. Nothingness surrounded her like a veil. She could hear, neither see nor smell anything. The only sensation was the cold, smooth ground beneath her feet.
"Where am I?" she said, her voice echoing throughout her black prison. Her breath got sharp, increasing in tempo and pitch. Her hands, sweaty and clammy, began to violently rub each other. She felt her heart beat against her rib cage, against her cold skin. Then, a light. A bright beacon pierced the dark like a blade. She squinted as the light got brighter to reveal...
"Caitlen?" Caitlen looked puzzled. She worn a pure white night gown, her long, following locks brushing against her bare feet.
"Gardevoir? Hypno? Where...? Oh my Arceus! Whitney!"
"What? Where...? I..." Whitney struggled to speak as her heart consumed her throat. Caitlen stared in horror, staring at Whitney.
"What?" Whitney felt offended. Caitlen pointed to Whitney's side. Whitney looked down. She aws completely naked, however, she was more horrified at the lack of skin she had. A huge, mouth shaped bite out of her left side, revealing the inside of her stomach, jagged ribs and a spurting blood vessel.
"That's so cool!" Whitney said, squealing in delight. Caitlen steadied herself as Whitney proceeded to poke and explore her insides.
"I've always wanted to see the inside of my body!" she said. She pulled down her stomach to see her liver. Caitlen gagged.
"Wait," Whitney said, suddenly becoming disinterested in her gall bladder. "If I can see the inside of my stomach...Does that mean I'm dead?" Whitney went white and looked at Caitlen. Caitlen, who was quite light headed, stared back and said quite clearly, "I should hope not."
"Why? This makes no sense!" Whitney exclaimed, sitting down with an unsettling jiggle from her insides.
"Before I try to explain, please cloth yourself," Caitlen said.
"How?" Whitney asked. Caitlen closed her eyes and began to hum. Suddenly Whitney was clothed in a light white gown, similar to Caitlen's.
"How...the?" she sputtered, observing her outfit. Then she groaned.  "White is so 712!" Caitlen rolled her eyes.
"So what is this place?" Whitney asked.
"This is the Dream World," Caitlen said. Whitney frowned.
"I thought the Dream World was filled with happy colours and crappy minigames, not darkness."
"That is the commercial Dream World, the World made by Professors Fennel to spread her evil propaganda in 698, this," Caitlen made a wide gesture, "Is the real Dream World."
"Huh," Whitney said, "So am I dead?" Caitlen sighed.
"No, you are quite alive, just dreaming," Caitlen said.
"And the bite?"
"You were bitten by a Sharpedo and you are currently in coma," Caitlen said.
"Oh kai," Whitney said. She stared off into the darkness for a few seconds.
"So how are you here?"
"Magic," Caitlen said and tossed a handful of glitter into the air. Whitney laughed.
"No really, how?"
"Well, I have the ability to travel through dreams," Caitlen said, "I can see the future through them and fight crime with my sidekick, Jolly Bodger, who's a badger." Her eyes shone in a non-existent light.
"Riiight," Whitney said, "Oh!"
"What is it?"
"That light!" Whitney exclaimed looking over into the forbidding distance, pointing into the darkness.
"Where?" An invisible hand clutched at Caitlen's heart.
"Over there! Can't you see?" Caitlen could not.
"Whitney what colour is the light?" Caitlen's tone had gone deathly serious.
"It's a kinda light colour," she replied, still fixated on the light.
"Is it pure white? Or is it dyed?"
"A bit of both." Caitlen gritted her teeth.
"Apart from white, what colours can you see?"
"Oh, I can see many colours. Like red, yellow, blue. I'm not colour blind you know!"
"THE COLOURS COMING FROM THE LIGHT, YOU POOR REPRESENTATION OF THE HUMAN RACE!"
"Oh, white and black, and uhm... what's that colour? You know that colour of that thing? Oh yeah, pink! How could I forget; it's my favourite colour! Caitlen?" Whitney turned and saw Caitlen had been replaced by darkness.
"Oh," she said. So she shrugged her shoulders and walked into the light. The first thing she felt was a great emptiness. Then a warm, comfortable feeling, like she was floating away from the earth, but she felt the atmosphere get very cold and heavy all of a sudden.
"Grandmumzie? Is that you?" she called out to whoever it was.
"I should hope not!" a hard voice answered her, "Thank goodness you're awake, I can go back to my knitting!" Whitney opned her eyes to see a rather disgruntled Nurse Joy bustling about her, Phoebe and Skyla were asleep, their heads resting on her bed near her feet.