News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Game FAQs Best. Game. Ever. 20th Anniversary Edition

Started by Tobbeh99, December 13, 2015, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow

your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 14, 2015, 04:17:53 PMIn my opinion, although OoT has some very notable themes, such as Gerudo Valley, the entire soundtrack as a whole isn't nearly as good as Undertale's.
CAN YOU NOT
undertale legitimately has 2, maybe 3 good tracks and the rest are an aberration
unmotivated

Sebastian

Undertale has awesome music. I can think of 10 great tracks off the top of my head and I haven't even played it.....yet. :P

Onionleaf

Quote from: Yellow on December 14, 2015, 08:23:05 PMIt is just a popularity contest, in the end.

Exactly my thoughts when I first heard about this. Things tend to become quickly overrated these days, I wouldn't be surprised if next year we see another new title appear in the top ranks. Of course, it's great to see new games released that people are enjoying, but fads come and go, even (or perhaps "especially"?) in the gaming industry.
There are too many things to take into account when reviewing games when having to choose your favourite one. For example, I enjoyed playing games much more in my childhood so those I have played way back in the past would still be on my favourites list now, mostly for nostalgia's sake. Not to mention what to love and not to love about games - like their storyline, hours of gameplay, soundtrack, etc. - it can all difficult to compare (I think someone else mentioned something like this earlier). Overall, I did like Undertale and thought it was pretty unique, but not everyone (myself included) would rank it as #1 on their favourite lists. *shares some cool ice-cream all around so we can all relax* :)

Tobbeh99

A question:
Any game you'd liked to participate in the contest?

For me, it would be Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 16, 2015, 03:45:36 AMSkyward Sword for sure

Wow, never thought of it, But it DIDN'T appear on the list!? They were a lot of Zelda games apparently no Skyward Sword!
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

yeah, I was curious and did a ctrl+f and didn't find it
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Meanwhile how many Final Fantasy games were they? Like the entire series! IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII I think. And like VIII and XII!? Rather minor ff-games IMO.

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

well, there are like 18 zelda games and I know at least wind waker, majora's mask, and ocarina of time showed up.  I'm sad wind waker didn't make it further, because that's probably the best of the series
unmotivated

braix

"Mario Teaches Typing" should've been in there for sure
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 14, 2015, 09:30:45 AMNot believing it without playing it is denial tbh and this "older is better" attitude that pervades the gaming industry is really problematic
It's fair to say that I can't believe it until I play it which is the point I'm making. For all I know, it very well may be a thousand times better but I just don't see how it possibly could (with my limited imagination). That's all. If I think it's better then I have no problem in saying so.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 16, 2015, 10:21:01 AMIt's fair to say that I can't believe it until I play it which is the point I'm making. For all I know, it very well may be a thousand times better but I just don't see how it possibly could (with my limited imagination). That's all. If I think it's better then I have no problem in saying so.
it's really not.  It's just on an enormous hype train right now.  I mean, looking at it objectively ocarina of time is just a better game, not even an opinion.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 16, 2015, 10:21:01 AMIt's fair to say that I can't believe it until I play it which is the point I'm making. For all I know, it very well may be a thousand times better but I just don't see how it possibly could (with my limited imagination). That's all. If I think it's better then I have no problem in saying so.

That's fair!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 16, 2015, 11:36:00 AMit's really not.  It's just on an enormous hype train right now.  I mean, looking at it objectively ocarina of time is just a better game, not even an opinion.
See, I wouldn't be surprised just cuz it happens so much. Most of these voter gamers haven't even heard of Ocarina of Time cuz they were born after its release. My beef isn't with new games, or even new/young gamers. It's with the reality that often times hype becomes labeled as superiority. I just want straight labels, that's all.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26