[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Zelda's Awakening"

Started by monkeybull223, February 19, 2013, 01:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 04, 2013, 09:36:51 AM...There's no messed up timing? ???
Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 04, 2013, 11:42:08 AMTo me the timing in that song sounds all over the place. If you can make something out of it, good for you but as far as the timing goes, it sounds pretty random to me...

You sure you're talking about the same version?
What Slow is saying is that the original doesn't have any messed up timing, and he's right.

I think JDMEK5 is talking about the anime version, which yeah, has a time change at 0:20 at least (just checked until the first tempo change, don't know if it has more). But still, it's not messed up, it just changes. :P

Bloop

I actually think JDMEK5's talking about the original one, and I can see why. The 6/8 time isn't THAT clear with the soft drums.

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on April 04, 2013, 12:37:36 PMI actually think JDMEK5's talking about the original one, and I can see why. The 6/8 time isn't THAT clear with the soft drums.

That's because it's a 4/4, but with triplets and stuff. I can't really see the problem with it, I think its perfectly fine! :P

Bloop

Is there a difference between 4/4 with triplets and 6/8 (or 12/8)?

DonValentino

No, not really, but I think its a 4/4. Something inside me tells me its 4/4.
Anyways, that's not the point. The tempo is, and there's nothing wrong with it.
'nuff said.

SlowPokemon

I'd say either one is fine. 6/8 is easier to read.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

For the record, I was talking about the original. I can hear the constant not-swing-but-6/8-time-in-a-not-6/8-time-song beat in the bass but the melody sounds derp.
What that long seemingly random collection of words meant by the way was that the song is actually in 4/4 time with triplets in the bass.
The right hand at 00:22 is comprised of dotted-eighth sixteenth and not swing eighths. The result is a melody that is slightly misaligned with the bass.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

It's definitely possible to notate though. It's not like it's an overly difficult rhythm ;P unorthodox for sure but definitely doable
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 04, 2013, 07:37:09 PMIt's definitely possible to notate though. It's not like it's an overly difficult rhythm ;P unorthodox for sure but definitely doable
Oh for sure. It just needs to be written as 4/4 because that's what it is. Triplets in the bass, dotted-eighth sixteenths in the melody.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26