Percussion Sounds in Finale

Started by Olimar12345, August 31, 2012, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I need percussion to playback correctly so I can export an mp3(something I don't normally care about). Unfortunately, I can't get the Vibraslap, Ratchet, or Wind Chimes to playback. Anyone out there know about percussion midi mapping, or something?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

Look in the Instrument List. The channel for percussion tracks should be set to 10.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 31, 2012, 12:58:50 PMThe channel for percussion tracks should be set to 10.
Channel 10. Don't ask me why, it just is. Unfortunately, I know nothing about percussion in finale. My program of choice works perfectly and easily with percussion, but as far as finale goes... I have no idea.

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that you need it set to channel 10.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 31, 2012, 03:04:08 PMChannel 10. Don't ask me why, it just is. Unfortunately, I know nothing about percussion in finale. My program of choice works perfectly and easily with percussion, but as far as finale goes... I have no idea.

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that you need it set to channel 10.
It's a General MIDI thing.

"In GM, MIDI channel 10 is reserved for percussion instruments only. Notes played on channel 10 always produce percussion sounds regardless of any Program Change messages or Program Numbers that may have been sent on channel 10."

Olimar12345

I have 3 percussion staves that are on channels 10, 26, and 42. They all make percussion sounds, but there's no sound for Vibraslap, Ratchet, or Wind Chimes.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

Have you checked the percussion map in the staff tool?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 31, 2012, 09:29:52 PMHave you checked the percussion map in the staff tool?
No, how do I do that? I'm using the stave tool now...

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

How about this: what general midi instrument can make sounds for the ratchet and wind chimes? I have a regular percussion stave on channel 10 with "Acoustic Grand Piano" set as GM and there isn't an option for those two...