News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

What do u think the best Mario game is?

Started by wariopiano, July 24, 2012, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

I've always been partial to the second level and Dire Dire Docks. I remember that secret star in the Dire Dire Docks room used to scare the heck out of me as a kid. I was so afraid Mario would drown.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

You mean Jolly Roger Bay, right?

The portrait on Lethal Lava Land scared the crap out of me as a kid, too.

And Big Boos Haunt gives me a lot more chills than it should... the basement music...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on August 27, 2012, 05:31:44 PMOh don't get me wrong, there's levels in there I love. But once you get out of the basement (which doesn't have the best levels but they're not horrid) it's just a journey to hell.

Though, admittedly, Wet-Dry World is one of my favorite levels.

I love the town section of that world.

Quote from: Zunawe on August 27, 2012, 05:39:28 PMI've always been partial to the second level and Dire Dire Docks. I remember that secret star in the Dire Dire Docks room used to scare the heck out of me as a kid. I was so afraid Mario would drown.

You're the third or fourth person I know of who was terrified of Dire Dire Docks. One of them is Aivi Tran, if that means anything to you.

Quote from: Nebbles on August 27, 2012, 05:55:20 PMYou mean Jolly Roger Bay, right?

The portrait on Lethal Lava Land scared the crap out of me as a kid, too.

And Big Boos Haunt gives me a lot more chills than it should... the basement music...

I loved getting the crap scared out of me by the piano. Best moment in a game ever.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Oh god, the piano.

Also, the eel in Jolly Roger Bay scares me too. Doesn't help when I was trying to lure it out to get the star, it just leapt out and killed me.

Zunawe

Either I got the name wrong, there's a naming difference in different versions, or I was influenced by the theme.

@Slow It wasn't inside the painting, it was that hole you could backflip into to collect the red coins. I was fine with the actual level.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

^That's Jolly Roger Bay, Dire Dire Docks is that submarine level before Bowser's fire battle

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 27, 2012, 06:10:21 PMI loved getting the crap scared out of me by the piano. Best moment in a game ever.
OH YES

Nebbles

Speaking of Bowser levels, I died a few times getting the red coins in the fire world. I haven't done the sky one yet. It's gonna be my last power star.

SlowPokemon

It's weird, I think the Fire one is harder than the Sky one.

And yeahhhh I think the DS version may be one of my favorite games of all time.