News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Samus' Theme help?

Started by DonValentino, June 11, 2012, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Ok, so I resumed my work on Samus' Theme, and I realized that the song is performed completely ad libitum.

Does anyone know the Gnossiennes? They are songs composed by Erik Satie that don't have a specific tempo and can be played as the performer desires, well, I mean, always respecting the value of each note. Here's Gnossienne No. 3 in case you don't know them: http://www.free-scores.com/PDF_EN/satie-erik-gnossienne-no-3-350.pdf

So I want to do the same thing with Samus' Theme, but the problem is that I don't know how to do it.
Any ideas?

Bespinben

If you want to remove all measures to indicate no set meter, make an invisible time signature of 50/4 (or however many beats there are).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on June 11, 2012, 09:09:40 AMIf you want to remove all measures to indicate no set meter, make an invisible time signature of 50/4 (or however many beats there are).

Now that makes sense. There are 45 beats, I think. Only one more thing, how do I make an invisible time signature?

Bespinben

To hide the time signature in a measure:

1.Click the Measure tool ; double-click the barline handle of the measure in which you want to hide the time signature. The Measure Attributes dialog box appears.
2.Choose Time Signature > Always Hide. You can also force a time signature to appear in a measure where it would not normally appear by choosing Always Show (see Courtesy time signatures).
3.Click OK (or press ENTER).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on June 11, 2012, 09:27:29 AMTo hide the time signature in a measure:

1.Click the Measure tool ; double-click the barline handle of the measure in which you want to hide the time signature. The Measure Attributes dialog box appears.
2.Choose Time Signature > Always Hide. You can also force a time signature to appear in a measure where it would not normally appear by choosing Always Show (see Courtesy time signatures).
3.Click OK (or press ENTER).

Awesome! Thanks.  :D

Olimar12345

Do you have a link to the song you are arranging?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 11, 2012, 11:19:33 AMDo you have a link to the song you are arranging?

Hmmm... Actually yes... It's almost complete, but still a WIP. Here you go: http://db.tt/v1DnCPgm

Please note that measure 3 is incomplete, as the second layer is just a placeholder of the real notes there.

And most important, it's not the final version, I might do some more changes.

Olimar12345

Meant a youtube link... didn't know which "Samus' Theme" you where doing.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 11, 2012, 12:27:02 PMMeant a youtube link... didn't know which "Samus' Theme" you where doing.

Oh... a youtube link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikGyPlySMk