News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by chronolover, March 04, 2012, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chronolover

hey, ive been coming to this site since i was 10 so i wanted to contribute to it.
however, im noob with this whole forum/pdf/midi thing and have no idea how to contribute to this site
i have a lot of sheet music i could contribute if someone could tell me how to? thanks!
~chronolover~

K-NiGhT

This should go in the help thread.

But check this out.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

spitllama

Hello, I'll give my two cents. First off what kinds of sheets do you have? What type of file are they saved as? As I'm sure you've figured out, arrangers submit a MUS, MIDI, and PDF.

A MUS is through Finale, a music-creation program. You can download the latest reader here.

A MIDI is easy to create once the MUS has been created. You simply click "save as," change the file type to MIDI, and save it.

A PDF can be created with a program like this one.

Then if you want to, you can save them all together in a ZIP file or a RAR. To find out more about specific ways of using Finale and other resources, see here.

There are lots of ways to contribute. We currently have a "Fixing the Sheets" Project where you can take existing sheets and improve them.

There's a "Fulfilling the Requests" project in which you take requests that users have asked for and arrange them.

In addition there's an "Arrangement Project" which has set its focus on completing sheets from a specific title. In this case, it's Dragon Quest IX.

And then there's simply submitting, which is what you're probably most interested in. At NSM we have standards sheets must meet listed here. Once they meet this standard, they can be submitted in threads like this one (though submissions are currently closed).

When you're ready to get contributing, you can edit your first post and make this your submissions post! Here you can post your submissions for critiques and suggestions from other members.

I may have just scared you away, but that's the gist of the site. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the "Help!" thread or send a PM.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

K-NiGhT

Quote from: spitllama on March 04, 2012, 02:03:32 PMHello, I'll give my two cents. First off what kinds of sheets do you have? What type of file are they saved as? As I'm sure you've figured out, arrangers submit a MUS, MIDI, and PDF.

A MUS is through Finale, a music-creation program. You can download the latest reader here.

A MIDI is easy to create once the MUS has been created. You simply click "save as," change the file type to MIDI, and save it.

A PDF can be created with a program like this one.

Then if you want to, you can save them all together in a ZIP file or a RAR. To find out more about specific ways of using Finale and other resources, see here.

There are lots of ways to contribute. We currently have a "Fixing the Sheets" Project where you can take existing sheets and improve them.

There's a "Fulfilling the Requests" project in which you take requests that users have asked for and arrange them.

And then there's simply submitting, which is what you're probably most interested in. At NSM we have standards sheets must meet listed here. Once they meet this standard, they can be submitted in threads like this one (though submissions are currently closed).

When you're ready to get contributing, you can edit your first post and make this your submissions post! Here you can post your submissions for critiques and suggestions from other members.

I may have just scared you away, but that's the gist of the site. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the "Help!" thread.
You forgot the Arrangement Project D:
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Winter

And I am your mother now!

spitllama

Oops sorry K-NiGhT. If it makes you feel any better I was telling myself to post that while I was typing. Just spaced it.

And
Quote from: Winter on March 04, 2012, 02:21:00 PMAnd I am your mother now!

Yes
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Winter on March 04, 2012, 02:21:00 PMAnd I am your mother now!
Winter's a bad mother, he wouldn't put "Winter loves shadowkirby" in the news!
I like food.