News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Me and Frenchie...

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, February 27, 2012, 04:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetstar The Flygon

I just started the french horn, and was frustrated to find no 'easy video game sheet music' on Google. XD I was hoping maybe some generous soul could conjure up some sheet music for me and Frenchie. (I would do it myself, but I'm not far enough along to start arranging stuff yet...)
The notes I know so far are the B flat scale from middle C to the next C, high E, and B natural and A below middle C. It's alright if there are notes that are within that range that I haven't gotten to, but that's the idea.
I would love to play any music from Pokemon or LoZ: Ocarina of time.
(Should this go in Requests even though its not piano? ._.)

insaneintherain

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on February 27, 2012, 04:26:36 PMI just started the french horn, and was frustrated to find no 'easy video game sheet music' on Google. XD I was hoping maybe some generous soul could conjure up some sheet music for me and Frenchie. (I would do it myself, but I'm not far enough along to start arranging stuff yet...)
The notes I know so far are the B flat scale from middle C to the next C, high E, and B natural and A below middle C. It's alright if there are notes that are within that range that I haven't gotten to, but that's the idea.
I would love to play any music from Pokemon or LoZ: Ocarina of time.
(Should this go in Requests even though its not piano? ._.)
So it's basically transposition into French Horn pitch. (For all you transposition-challenged out there, it's down 5 half steps (a perfect fourth) or up 7 half steps (a perfect fifth). I might be able to do some for you, but I'm not sure I can get my hands on a version of Finale that could transpose some music, though I guess I could just enter it myself. I'll see what I can do. French horn is a pretty boss instrument, by the way. If I were experienced in brass, I would TOTALLY pick the French Horn. Bari Sax is a close second, though. XD

Olimar12345

Post what songs you want to play and it shall be done.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Fleetstar The Flygon

Oh, and I have a double horn, so I guess you could transpose both ways. (F/B flat)

@Insane: The only bad part about the french horn is you are shunned by all the trumpeteers. DX

@Olimar: Hmmm, let's see... From Ocarina of Time I would do Saria's Song, Song of Storms, Kakariko Village, and Zelda's theme.
From Pokemon, I could try- oh, what's it called? The Forest theme from Black/White. Whatever it's named. And then the Goldenrod City Theme from Silver.

Olimar12345

gimme a sec....

EDIT: did you want separate sheets, with the chord changes and all, or one sheet with the melodies written out?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Fleetstar The Flygon

One sheet w/ the melody will do. Do you mean, separate sheets like with the chord charts (for guitars and such)?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on February 28, 2012, 03:27:19 PMOne sheet w/ the melody will do. Do you mean, separate sheets like with the chord charts (for guitars and such)?
Yeah, I meant a lead sheet. I'll have your sheet done in a bit...

Fleetstar The Flygon

Olimar12345

Fleetstar The Flygon

Olimar12345

I think this is it. I kept the pieces in their original keys, so that you can play along to an mp3 or something. Maybe later when I have more time I could put together a piano accompaniment. (Just bug me if I forget :P )

Fleetstar The Flygon

Alrighty! Again, many thanks. :3

Edit;
I'm terrible with this sort of stuff; so when you open up the file, you go onto Finale and open it on there, too?

Olimar12345

Which version+year are you using?

Fleetstar The Flygon

I didn't have Finale Notepad, but then after an hour of pondering I downloaded it. Then I realized I had the wrong year, and changed that, so now I can finally print out the music.
Now I have 2012 Finale Notepad.  :)