News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Fleet needs suggestions...

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, August 29, 2011, 09:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetstar The Flygon

Alright. I really like Checker Knights from Kirby Air Ride, and was listening to all the instruments heard in the song. It sounded like there were lots of band ones in there. I was wondering, if I asked the band instructor when I get into school, would he/she consider making it a casual song for us to work on? Maybe she/he only buys the music, not transpose it.
Or I could suggest Checker Knights in symphony version with the right instruments?...
What do y'all think?

fabbemannen

Well, there's a duet on nsm and you can probably find a full arrangement on vgmusic
If you play it, record it too! I wanna see 8)

Fleetstar The Flygon

Fortunately I worked out a solo version, so the main melody and base are good!
I'll record if they do it, definitely. Just you wait, I'm good at persuading, so it's only a matter of time before they get around to it.. I hope.
I just don't know if the band teacher is good at transposing. DX I'll let you all know if he/she accepts, I can ask her on the open house. (Which is tomorrow.)

dahans

I could also try to make an orchestral version of it... if you want to. Just tell me which instruments your school orchestra has.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Fleetstar The Flygon

Thank ya much!  :)
I'm just starting this school, so that's another thing to ask the band instructor; "What are all the instruments in your band?"

dahans

Haha yeah that would be nice to know^^. Tell me when you've asked him.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Alrighty!
Today I go to the Open House, so I'll get a list at around 6:30.

Fleetstar The Flygon

...They wouldn't give me the list. DX

dahans

... hmmmmmm WHY????????????????????? is that a secret? xD then go to a performance of your school orchestra and write down the instruments you can see xD.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Okay; it may take awhile, though, so I'll have to keep you waiting for a bit.. DX So far I've looked around and seen a set of drums and some flutes, and I've heard something about some clarinets.
Thanks for the offer, Dahans! ^.^

dahans

No problem ;). It's a good practice for me. :D

Fleetstar The Flygon

Okay, we have trumpet, trombone, flute, clarinet, zylophones, and this odd bass trumpet instrument thingy. XS All I know as in details is that the trumpets are in B flat. I'm not sure about the others, but I'd assume they were all the same?

dahans

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on October 02, 2011, 01:36:59 PMOkay, we have trumpet, trombone, flute, clarinet, zylophones, and this odd bass trumpet instrument thingy. XS All I know as in details is that the trumpets are in B flat. I'm not sure about the others, but I'd assume they were all the same?
I suppose flute in C and clarinet in B flat... No strings?

Fleetstar The Flygon

Nope; sorry I couldn't get in for a while, I'm a bit busy; but there are also drum pads that percussion uses sometimes, so snare drums could be used instead of zylophones... No strings in this band.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on October 17, 2011, 05:07:20 PMNope; sorry I couldn't get in for a while, I'm a bit busy; but there are also drum pads that percussion uses sometimes, so snare drums could be used instead of zylophones... No strings in this band.
"I could give you band music. no strings attached." budum tish
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman