Ok real quick question.

Started by Dude, September 27, 2011, 05:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

So I want to help fix some sheets, but I want to use some of the current sheets as a guide.  How would I write the "Arrangement by " part? Should I add both names or how does that work?

Winter

If you changed enough of the sheet to make it nearly new, just use your name. If you feel that the previous arranger did enough that their name deserves to be on it still, leave theirs on.

MaestroUGC

Or, include on the opposite side of the page: "Edited by ___". That would technically be the most correct in score production.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Winter

I haven't seen any of our sheets use that format, but you are welcome to do what Maestro said.

DonValentino

Quote from: Winter on September 27, 2011, 09:01:16 PMIf you changed enough of the sheet to make it nearly new, just use your name. If you feel that the previous arranger did enough that their name deserves to be on it still, leave theirs on.

I did that with the "Fairy Fountain" from Zelda OoS and OoA. Just left "Leftie"s name on it, even the original arrangement lacked of key signature, octaves and repeats...  :P

Winter

And that was your choice. But you could put your name on it.