News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Apple October 4th - Iphone 4S and "new" ipods

Started by Meta-Ridley, October 05, 2011, 05:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meta-Ridley

Most people, including Apple, is saying that there's lots of new hardware going around. But if you step back and take a look, the only external modifications to any Apple product in the keynote is the 8 megapixel camera and the antenna. I don't really know how they can call these ipods "new" - The iPod touch simply has a white colour option now, and the Nano has one icon to swipe back and fourth in stead of four. And the Clocks.

And the iPhone 4S - probably the biggest letdown. Not for some, but for most. You would think, that being four months later than usual, they were making something extra special, extra new and extra mindblowing - exactly what we expect of Apple. So many people had high hopes for the iPhone 5. But then the 4S came along, with the dissapointed applause following. I do like the iPhone 4S, I really do - except it's probably about a year late in Apple time. It's everything the Iphone 4 could have been - but wasn't for marketing and cost purposes, and they're trying to drag it out as long as possible, because as most intellegent people see, Apple clearly ran out of ideas, time, and a lot of other things.

The ipods, for starters, are almost identical to their predecessors. The main reason I think they weren't updated was because they didn't know how to improve the products. Except for the Touch - A better camera and maybe a little 3g would be SOOO nice. But I'll have to wait.

The iPhone 4S - Reports claim that Apple did try to make an Iphone 5. And failed. So when it came to launching time, they didn't have anything to give to the public and used four months to make a carbon copy of iPhone 4 with a better camera, and stuffed all the IOS 5 they could into it, and other stuff they planned for the iPhone 5, like Siri, as well.

If Apple just made the screen a bit bigger, and the model a bit thinner, they probably could have pulled off calling it the iPhone 5- and I think the public would have a better reaction to it than the 4S.

Dude

Meta-Ridley

KefkaticFanatic

They're clearly just playing catchup.  Slapping on a better camera and dual core like newer android phones have as well as the HSP(D?)A pseudo-4G, and then iOS5 including a bunch of features that have been around in Android and WP7 for months.

The strategy of having a constantly outdated OS and device only works when you actually have a monopoly...

me irl
[close]

triforced1

I'm still sticking with my Android, although I like Mac OSX better than Windows 7.