Previous topic - Next topic

What game should I review next?

Metroid: Other M
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Starfox 64 3D
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

DonValentino

Thanks to Ragster2448 who gave me the idea, I've decided to do reviews not only of SP and PH, instead, of more games. The first ones reviewed were both Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, due to their similarities in controls, console, gameplay and so. Please note that this first review hasn't been done very well. The next ones will be better, I promise!  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Game/s: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Year/s: 2007, 2009          Console: Nintendo DS

1- The story: The story from Phantom Hourglass was nice, but not as good as it's prequel, Wind Waker. It had some interesting elements, like the appearance of a new evil being, Bellum, and the Ocean King, of course. Spirit Tracks has a nice storyline too, better than PH in my opinion. It's deeper. So...
  PH: 7.5     SP: 8.5

2- Overworld: Resuming... PH has a little tiny map with less than a half islands than it's prequel... That was a OMG for me. SP gives me a weird sensation, like if I was limited by the train tracks, less freedom in my opinion. It could be fantastic if you could get off the train and explore by yourself. 
  PH: 5     SP: 4.5

3- Graphics: I don't really care for the graphics, but I still think the DS couldn't handle WW's quality graphics.
If they released a game like Minish Cap, Link's Awakening or OoS/A for the DS, the graphics would look better, and then wait until the 3DS for a handheld that can handle (lol) GC graphics and even better than those to release both SP and PH (this year is Zelda's 25 anniversary, it could make sense), and adding the 3D effect, everything would look a bit more sweet. In my opinion, Nintendo made a bad move there.
Maybe they were overconfident on the DS capabilities...  :P
This goes for Nintendo in general for that: 3

4- Gameplay and controls: Wonderful. Great use of the touch screen and the DS capabilities, but as I said above, 3DS could be a lot better, in terms of gyroscope and some other 3DS extra functions.
  PH: 9     SP: 9

Final mark:  PH: 6     SP: 6.5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next review: Your choice. Gonna put a poll with 3 or 4 games I'd like to review so you can decide (This will be only available sometimes). Poll closes when a game gets 10 votes or more. I'm counting with your vote!  :D

Shadoninja

so you're going to fault the games for something that came out later? what's next? you're going to hate the first legend of zelda because it should have had 4 buttons or that they should have delayed ocarina of time until the wii came out.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 28, 2011, 03:04:36 PMso you're going to fault the games for something that came out later? what's next? you're going to hate the first legend of zelda because it should have had 4 buttons or that they should have delayed ocarina of time until the wii came out.

No! I mean that a game like OoS or LA could be a better fit to the ds. It's just that I think they anticipated the introduction of 3D models on a handheld, just that. i don't hate those games just because of that, as I said I don't really care for the graphics. In fact I don't hate ANY zelda game. I love them all! Ones more and others less, of course. Everyone to his own taste.  :P

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dudeman

Hey guys, everyone has their own opinion. I think WarioMan made some very good points, even if we don't all agree. I personally loved Spirit Tracks, but hey, who cares? Why can't we just say, "Okay, WarioMan, I don't agree with you, but let's just move on"?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

Quote from: Dudeman on September 29, 2011, 03:50:50 PMHey guys, everyone has their own opinion. I think WarioMan made some very good points, even if we don't all agree. I personally loved Spirit Tracks, but hey, who cares? Why can't we just say, "Okay, WarioMan, I don't agree with you, but let's just move on"?

Please click me!

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 29, 2011, 03:21:20 PMGIVE ME YOUR HOURGLASS FC, NOW.

I DECLARE WAR.

PLEASE, CLICK ME!

fingerz

These two are the only LoZ games I could beat without using a guide, so I'm satisfied with them. I preferred ST though. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ragster2448

I've never been a big fan of those types of Legend of Zelda games. I guess I just have never liked how they made it toon-y, but the gameplay is alright.

Maybe instead of just rating a single game for one thread, you should change the name to "WarioMan98's Game Reviews" or something like that and review other games.

DonValentino

Quote from: Ragster2448 on October 01, 2011, 09:42:53 PMI've never been a big fan of those types of Legend of Zelda games. I guess I just have never liked how they made it toon-y, but the gameplay is alright.

Maybe instead of just rating a single game for one thread, you should change the name to "WarioMan98's Game Reviews" or something like that and review other games.

Brilliant idea, sir! Gonna do it now.  :)

SlowPokemon

Ooh review Superstar Saga or something :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino