News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Pieces with minimal left-hand activity?

Started by spitllama, August 09, 2011, 05:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

A family friend of mine is currently taking piano lessons. He is 10 years old and has a very limiting handicap- he was born with no left hand. Inspiring enough, he's still planning on sticking with his lessons :). Does anyone know of an easier piece on this site that he could play? He can still play left hand but only one note at a time. He loves Mario and Link. Thanks ;)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

Pieces for right hand...how about this, are there any particular pieces he wants to be able to play?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Try just the right hand of the Mario theme song. It's fairly easy and very recognizable.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Don't mind if I leech off these - I'm still having trouble using left hand myself. >3>;
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

Well I'd assume popular themes would be safe. Like the basic Mario theme. And he plays wind waker so maybe Outset Island would be a good idea. I don't expect altered arrangements though. Just tips.
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

How about Poison Mind from castlevania?

it's not the most easiest song for what i'm imagining as a beginner but it's the only one I can find that's relatively easy and has relatively low "left hand activity"
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Ok the wording sucked I get it. And yes Poison Mind is exactly the type of piece I'm looking for.
Submissions Page

Brassman388

fabbemannen

Of course it depends on how good he is.
But SMW-Athletic isn't to hard if you only play the bassline

SlowPokemon

Ever think of doing a normal piece with him as a duet, where you only play the bass or something?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

I arranged "Retro Theme #2" from Super Mario Galaxy a while back. The bass line was added as an afterthought, and isn't strictly necessary. On the other hand, the song isn't the most exciting out there, and it requires a large or flexible right hand for a ten-year-old.

The "File Select" song from Super Mario 64 is also quite easy. I think the bass line even might be playable with an arm stump, as long as you play only one of the notes in each chord.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.