News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Playback makes one hand overpowering

Started by spitllama, May 27, 2012, 04:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I never know whether to post these as new topics or in NSM resources...

Commonly the bass (left hand) plays back much louder than the actual melody, and it gets a bit obnoxious to deal with/listen to. Ordinarily I just apply a dynamic to the left hand and hide it, but in the current piece it seems to quiet the right hand too (Graah no consistency!).

Anyway to make all the parts play at the same volume?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on May 27, 2012, 04:51:07 PMCommonly the bass (left hand) plays back much louder than the actual melody, and it gets a bit obnoxious to deal with/listen to. Ordinarily I just apply a dynamic to the left hand and hide it, but in the current piece it seems to quiet the right hand too (Graah no consistency!).

You'd need to change the channel of the left hand either in instrument list to make the dynamics independent. Alternatively if it's only for a small section, you could make expressions that changes the channel.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Ok. I went MIDI/Audio -> Instrument Setup -> Instrument List

Any attempts to change staff 1's channel automatically changes staff 2's channel to match it. I can't seem to figure out how to desync them.
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on May 27, 2012, 05:11:41 PMOk. I went MIDI/Audio -> Instrument Setup -> Instrument List

Any attempts to change staff 1's channel automatically changes staff 2's channel to match it. I can't seem to figure out how to desync them.
My apologies. I forgot to tell you to change staff 2's instrument. Make a new instrument and assign staff 2 to it.

I'm going to add this to the NSM Resources To-Do List.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Submissions Page