News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Submission Question

Started by JDMEK5, March 17, 2011, 03:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I asked this before, but got no answer.

Can you submit trios (Three pianos)?  ???
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Winter

If you had a song that couldn't possibly be arranged in a playable way for 2 Pianos... I think you could. But I don't know any videogame music that complex.

JDMEK5

I have a few. I'll put them up with my other submissions.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

I suppose you could. they'd have to be roughly equal in difficulty and each part should get the melody at some point.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

WiiMan96

We've kinda already established that two piano arrangements are useless, there aren't many places which can get two pianos in the same room. Three pianos... you can see what I'm getting at here. :P

If possible, try and make it a trio on the one piano - again, difficult to do without overlapping notes.

There's probably a reason why there aren't many trio piano arrangements. It's possible it'll be accepted, but it's unlikely people will use it as a trio. Best you submit a duet / two hands arrangement with it for playability purposes.

Shadoninja

then again with the power of technology each player could record and play their part without the need to be in the same room. but yes you should make a six hands(3 players 1 piano) or four hands (2 players 1 piano) versions as well.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Shadoninja on March 17, 2011, 11:21:31 PMthen again with the power of technology each player could record and play their part without the need to be in the same room.
Olimar12345 did that with my arr. of Outset Island.

Quote from: WiiMan96 on March 17, 2011, 11:04:40 PMWe've kinda already established that two piano arrangements are useless, there aren't many places which can get two pianos in the same room. Three pianos... you can see what I'm getting at here. :P
Pretty much every practice/performance room at the uni I go to has a piano (lol they blew their budget on 2 Steinway concert grands for the concert hall). Some have more. The piano studio has about 6. I'd assume the majority of universities with a music department would have a reasonable number of pianos. Even the high school I went to had about 7 or 8, some in the same room.

Having said that, 3 pianos is pushing it. You're hard pressed to find anyone who's going to play it, and there's a pretty big chance it's going to sound like a cluttered mess seeing as you're dealing with 3 of the same instrument & therefore 3 lots of the same timbre etc But I suppose it would need to be judged on a case by case basis.

WiiMan96

Cobraroll

Quote from: winterkid09 on March 17, 2011, 05:12:00 PMIf you had a song that couldn't possibly be arranged in a playable way for 2 Pianos... I think you could. But I don't know any videogame music that complex.

SSBB's Gourmet Race. One piano for the melody (ten-finger chords, possibly), two for the bass ("gatling", playing alternate notes because you can't press those keys fast enough alone).

Wouldn't sound too good, though. Some songs are best unarranged.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on March 18, 2011, 12:30:05 AMOlimar12345 did that with my arr. of Outset Island.

yeah, but it sucked cus the timing was all screwy...

u should make it for two people on one piano and one on the second piano. that way you'll atleast have ur 3 ppl and only 2 pianos.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Yeah. I'll try. Thanks guys.  :P

My Arrangements