News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

How to Properly Label an Accidental?

Started by spitllama, May 26, 2012, 06:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I have trouble with this all the time, and Pumpy always finds it :P

In a C minor piece, should an accidental be listed as F# or as Gb? There's a proper way to do it and Google isn't helping much.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

The Deku Trombonist

It really does depends on the context. Can you post a screeny? It'll be much easier to answer then.

spitllama

It's the last arrangement I have to fix for the update. Here's a screenshot where I have listed both.

Submissions Page

The Deku Trombonist

I'd leave that as a Gb. It's a kinda blues-y bass line, also the intervals should match the previous bars.

Maybe someone else can find a better way of wording it. That was kinda awkward  ::)

spitllama

That was understandable. Thanks! Now my update post is well and done.
Submissions Page

Bespinben

Haha, 10 seconds looking at the screenshot and I could already tell it was King Dedede's Battle theme :3

Um Spit, you have an ascending chromatic scale in the first measure, which means you need to be writing the accidentals "upwards" (meaning with all sharps and naturals).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Bespinben on May 26, 2012, 10:27:59 PMUm Spit, you have an ascending chromatic scale in the first measure, which means you need to be writing the accidentals "upwards" (meaning with all sharps and naturals).

Errr....yeah...that too

spitllama

Oh yah I forgot that 'n stuff. I fix now.
Submissions Page