News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

need song to play

Started by Baconman, August 15, 2008, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconman

I don't know any good songs to practice.... the hardest song I can play is probably turkish march by mozart to give a clue of how well I can play
I am a cannibal

The-Real-Link

Venetian Boat Song #2 - Felix Mendelsohn (I think I spelled his last name wrong.)
The Minute Waltz - Frederic Chopin
The Raindrop Prelude - Frederic Chopin
Rondo all Turka (From the Sonata in A Major) - Wolfgang Mozart
Sonatina #2 Op.36 - Muzio Clementi
Gertrude's Dream Waltz - Ludwig van Beethoven

Gooch

Are you playing the original version or a watered down version? As far as Ninsheetmusic goes, some fun ones that go fairly fast are Banjo-Kazooie Opening Theme. The Super Mario Bros. Theme is really cool to play in front of people (and alone) if you can play it both hands, but its a little like rubbing your belly and patting your head in a way. I think one of the songs in my submission thread is fairly hard, its called "Searching for Friends".

Outside fo the VGM world, i would suggest any famous Broadway Music. Phantom of the Opera has many great piano selections, and Cats has some pretty music (personal favorite is Memory)

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gooch on August 16, 2008, 10:41:08 AMAre you playing the original version or a watered down version? As far as Ninsheetmusic goes, some fun ones that go fairly fast are Banjo-Kazooie Opening Theme. The Super Mario Bros. Theme is really cool to play in front of people (and alone) if you can play it both hands, but its a little like rubbing your belly and patting your head in a way. I think one of the songs in my submission thread is fairly hard, its called "Searching for Friends".

Outside fo the VGM world, i would suggest any famous Broadway Music. Phantom of the Opera has many great piano selections, and Cats has some pretty music (personal favorite is Memory)
OH yea! Phantom of the Opera has some amazing music! Oh! And anything from the Final Fantasy Piano Collections.

Gooch

lol, i think i have about the most Final Fantasy, submission wise besides Composer #40. I'm fairly certain that together we have most of the good Final Fantasy pieces covered.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gooch on August 16, 2008, 02:19:56 PMlol, i think i have about the most Final Fantasy, submission wise besides Composer #40. I'm fairly certain that together we have most of the good Final Fantasy pieces covered.
I've actually done 12 Final Fantasy arrangements, but the site crashed a few days after I uploaded them, and right after that my PC crashed and I lost most of them. However, the Final Fantasy Piano Collections books are AMAZING!!!!

Gooch

Yeah, when i first came to the site and didn't know about the crash and investigated the Final Fantasy Archives as well as the submissions, i was surprised to find so few. When i found out about the crash, it made a lot more sense.

ALPRAS

"Are you playing the original version or a watered down version? As far as Ninsheetmusic goes, some fun ones that go fairly fast are Banjo-Kazooie Opening Theme. The Super Mario Bros. Theme is really cool to play in front of people (and alone) if you can play it both hands, but its a little like rubbing your belly and patting your head in a way. I think one of the songs in my submission thread is fairly hard, its called "Searching for Friends"."

Well, you can check them both on my submission site. Ive made an easy and hard version of "Character select" from Super Mario Bros. 2 that might be a cool song for you because is an easy and awsome song. "Opening theme" from Banjo Kazooie is a bit harder but ive also made a fixed version of Sam Waetford arrangement and now its much MUCH easy and confuseless.

Enjoy Partner!

GreekGeek

Go learn some songs from Pokémon, they're great (yeah I'm always promoting Pokémon sheet music)
You should especially look for:
- Cipher Lab
- Bad Guy Battle
- The Hexagon Bros.
And so on...
You can find them at my submission topic. The Hexagon Bros. is the hardest I guess, it's f*king hard to play it that fast. Turkish Marsh is quite a stuff, not easy

Arison The Bat

Super mario RPG has some difficult themes aswell. like valintina's theme. or SMG, Chrono trigger. if you want a balad, get waltz of Pain(very difficult) cant get it from this site though. if you want though, i can email it to you. its mallows sad theme from SMRPG, but its 4 pages long and songs like a piece of mozart.
You are of what you make of yourself. not who your parents are. not who your friends are. You are you, and you make who you are.

Shadoninja

so you like mozart's turkish march?

try playing his song on crack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1fgo7hp-Ko
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

^I'd say the hardest songs on NSM - in my eyes - are about as hard as that one.

Break The Targets, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Silph. Co, Pokémon Red/Blue

Shadow Mario Theme, Super Mario Sunshine

Kirby's Dreamland, Super Smash Brothers

Also, the Pokémon Battle Theme (not on site) is incredibly hard. Pokémon Contest isn't up yet, but lurking somewhere in a submission thread.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.