News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Synthesia

Started by Ricky, August 30, 2009, 07:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky

I don't know if anyone here knows about Synthesia and how useful the midis on the site are for it. I'm not advertising, I just want to let you know what it is and discuss about it.

Synthesia, previously known as piano hero is a computer program/game. It's basically a game where you see falling piano notes and can play them. You can either play the song automatically and just watch the notes fall or choose You Play and try to hit the right notes to get a score. You can use the computer keyboard but it's much better if you use a synth, keyboard or digital piano that can be connected to a computer (with a midi cable or midi usb cable). You can use any midi file for Synthesia.

However, the free version doesn't got everything, for certain things such as the practice mode and sheet display you have to buy a learning pac, it only costs $16 atm. It's worth to buy it according to me. On the other hand the game/program is still in development and there is a huge number of features to be added. One of them is sheet only display that would allow you to play with a sheet music display on the whole screen, it will be released sometime after version 0.7.0. But now there's mainly only the metadata editor left for the 0.7.0 version to be released.

But of course, you need to check it yourself to see how it works. So the link is:
www.synthesiagame.com

With your large selection of piano only midi files for games makes Synthesia very useful. It's the best midi site ever in my opinion.

Have you heard about Synthesia? What is your opinion?

SirIngusBingus

This kinda reminds me of Guitar Hero...I prefer to play music off of a piece of paper. It's just right that way.

HungryDragon

*laughs* I thought that the title read Synesthesia I have a friend who has it so I thought it would maybe pertain to that. Clearly, not. :P

Sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try. But like Ingus, I prefer the old fashioned way.
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD