[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Temple of Time" (Replacement) by Bloop

Started by Zeta, June 08, 2024, 11:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Temple of Time
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Bloop

Kricketune54

Y'know, most people normally wouldn't think to do m1-3, but the way you arranged it sounds so tonally right for Twilight Princess lol

Admittedly I was hoping to open this and hear A D F A D like some basic remaster of the OOT 64 theme. Oh... eh I guess it's not so bad. I felt like I spent the most time listening to make sense of the loop.

• I happened to notice you dropped the "and Koji Kondo", and added an oxford comma in the composer credits. Mixing it up haha? Just was reviewing your other TP arrangements onsite
• It sounds like there should be a final pitch at the end of the triplets in m1 on beat 3. I also think on beat 2 the last triplet should be same pitches as first note of this triplet grouping. Just listening to the percussion sounds. Thoughts?

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 08:59:01 AMY'know, most people normally wouldn't think to do m1-3, but the way you arranged it sounds so tonally right for Twilight Princess lol
Thanks! I love figuring out how to make weird sound effects work on a piano, glad it works with the general idea too ;3

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 08:59:01 AMAdmittedly I was hoping to open this and hear A D F A D like some basic remaster of the OOT 64 theme. Oh... eh I guess it's not so bad. I felt like I spent the most time listening to make sense of the loop.
The original song of time version does exist in twilight princess too! In the hall before the temple, which is pretty much based on the original temple of time as well. But yeah, it would've been even better if the temple theme would use that thematic material too, but oh well :p

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 08:59:01 AM• I happened to notice you dropped the "and Koji Kondo", and added an oxford comma in the composer credits. Mixing it up haha? Just was reviewing your other TP arrangements onsite
Huh, idk how that happened haha, changed it to be consistent with my on site sheets ^^

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 11, 2024, 08:59:01 AM• It sounds like there should be a final pitch at the end of the triplets in m1 on beat 3. I also think on beat 2 the last triplet should be same pitches as first note of this triplet grouping. Just listening to the percussion sounds. Thoughts?
Ah yeah, I didn't notice the exact workings of the triplet before, just went with a general piano idea that sounded right. I added a note on beat 3 and changed that + the second to last note to be the same as the two notes before!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on July 11, 2024, 10:00:45 AMAh yeah, I didn't notice the exact workings of the triplet before, just went with a general piano idea that sounded right. I added a note on beat 3 and changed that + the second to last note to be the same as the two notes before!
Looks good!