Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Epilogue
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

[attachment deleted by admin]

XiaoMigros

Some notes:
  • I don't like the changing timesigs in the beginning
  • Not sure how much material I should add in the second half to get the more lush orchestra across nicely
  • The track title isn't set for sure, but this is the most common one I've seen and it encapsulates the track quite well

Bloop

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 10, 2023, 04:35:13 AM
  • I don't like the changing timesigs in the beginning
You could maybe shorten them with a quarter note with using fermates? Though I don't necessarily dislike their length atm.

-m1-2: You could write the L.H. in treble cleff too if you want
-m32-33: I can hear a high Eb on beat 2.5 of m32 and a D on beat 1 of m33.
-m47: I think I hear a low Bb an octave below the L.H. on beat 1.
-m60: The Bb in beat 2 is played in both hands, maybe you can add parentheses to one of them?
-m71: Instead of a glissando on beat 3, I think I'd prefer some kind of run that's written out diatonically: the glissando is quite short, but will pass through a Bn and maybe En, which sound a bit weird in Eb major. I think you could make it an 16th septuplet F-G-An-Bb-C-D-Eb
-m72-73: Maybe you can write the F# as Gb, it sounds kinda Ebmmaj7/Ebm6/Cø-ish
-m81: I hear a G in the L.H.
-m84: There seems to be a random dot clashing with the bottom note in the L.H.? Not sure where that's from haha
-m106: I hear a Gb (or F#) major chord in the R.H. on beat 2. Enharmonically, you could write beat 1 and 2 as Db over a Cb bass and Gb major over a Bb, or C# over a B bass and F# major over an A#.

XiaoMigros

I changed all of these, except
Quote from: Bloop on September 03, 2023, 07:02:32 AM-m106: I hear a Gb (or F#) major chord in the R.H. on beat 2. Enharmonically, you could write beat 1 and 2 as Db over a Cb bass and Gb major over a Bb, or C# over a B bass and F# major over an A#.
In the tenor range I can still hear a very prominent Ab played on beats 1 and 2, and would rather have that in the RH than double the bass

Bloop

In m83-86, the arpeggio lines could be cleaned up a little bit: some start a bit too high up/far down, and the one in m84 is a bit too close to the barline. I'll approve pending that though!
You cannot view this attachment.

Kricketune54

Limited comments on this one, nice job

• m18 RH i do hear a Bb above the Eb
• m32 LH the 8va note, I don't hear this, what is it supposed to be the chimes?
• m53 should this be a two beat measure? I only hear four instances of the RH rhythm before LH beat 3 plays
• m108 RH couldn't you just use one half rest

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 25, 2023, 09:43:47 AM• m18 RH i do hear a Bb above the Eb
Good catch, chord sounds much fuller now

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 25, 2023, 09:43:47 AM• m32 LH the 8va note, I don't hear this, what is it supposed to be the chimes?
That's right, Bloop suggested I add it

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 25, 2023, 09:43:47 AM• m53 should this be a two beat measure? I only hear four instances of the RH rhythm before LH beat 3 plays
I'm not sure, you're right that it's only really noticeable from there but arrangement wise I think a fade-in of sorts works more nicely. I a niente dynamic to clarify that the first few beats are basically silent, does that work for you?

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 25, 2023, 09:43:47 AM• m108 RH couldn't you just use one half rest
I decided to hide the rest in the LH instead, as cross-staff notation is clearest notated.

Thanks for your time! Files updated

Kricketune54

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 25, 2023, 01:46:49 PMI'm not sure, you're right that it's only really noticeable from there but arrangement wise I think a fade-in of sorts works more nicely. I a niente dynamic to clarify that the first few beats are basically silent, does that work for you?

Sure that works! Nothing else to add, so I will be accepting this sheet

Zeta