News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NDS] Yoshi's Island DS - "Yoshi's Island" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, July 21, 2023, 04:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Yoshi's Island DS
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Yoshi's Island
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Digging up an old sheet of mine! I think I played through the entire game without realizing this track existed... because the music doesn't start until a minute in. Who'll stay that long on the title screen? :P

Anyway, this is probably the rendition of the Yoshi's Island DS theme that's most suited to piano. Enjoy~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Bloop

Very nice sheet! Got very nostalgic hearing that melody again, I haven't heard it for at least a decade I think.

-m9: I hear a Dn on beat 1.75 in the L.H.
-m11-12: You can add in the low thirds from m13-14 here too, maybe from beat 3 of m11 on if that's easier to play.

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on September 03, 2023, 06:03:26 AMVery nice sheet! Got very nostalgic hearing that melody again, I haven't heard it for at least a decade I think.
We getting old :3

Thank you for giving it a look, I've updated both things!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

XiaoMigros

• I'm not sure I like 'fade in' being used instead of a dynamic marking, even if it captures the intent quite clearly. I think moving it above the stave (and right of the tempo) and adding an actual dynamic would be best, would you agree?
  • m5 & m7: I think I hear the F# be restruck at beat 3.75, though it's not entirely clear in m5
  • m8: Thoughts on including the mallet figure in the RH?
  • m17 beat 3.75: You could include the low E in the RH here, to keep things moving
that's all, but next time transcribe the wave sounds

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 17, 2023, 02:37:05 PMI'm not sure I like 'fade in' being used instead of a dynamic marking, even if it captures the intent quite clearly. I think moving it above the stave (and right of the tempo) and adding an actual dynamic would be best, would you agree?
I think I like its positioning centrally next to the crescendo where it's most apparent and where you'd expect the opening dynamic to be. I'd prefer to keep it, but if you feel strongly I can just change it to ppp or something, shouldn't make a difference in how it's performed

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 17, 2023, 02:37:05 PMm5 & m7: I think I hear the F# be restruck at beat 3.75, though it's not entirely clear in m5
I don't think I hear either, at least nowhere near as apparent the restrike is in m. 10.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 17, 2023, 02:37:05 PMm8: Thoughts on including the mallet figure in the RH?
Good question, let's see...
You cannot view this attachment.
The first couple of notes just octave double the left hand, and it's a bit of an awkward jump to the high E, and that's getting into the range of the main melody so I think it'd distract from the incoming main melody more than I'd like. I'd prefer to keep it out for these reasons!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 17, 2023, 02:37:05 PMm17 beat 3.75: You could include the low E in the RH here, to keep things moving
That makes sense, similar to beat 3.5 in m. 15. Updated (and m. 21 similarly)!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 17, 2023, 02:37:05 PMthat's all, but next time transcribe the wave sounds
check out this sick sheet of mine

Files updated, thanks for checking!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

The Deku Trombonist

XiaoMigros

That's what I would suggest as well, though I would prefer the dynamic marking n rather than the circle

The rest of the changes look great though, happy to accept once you make a final decision on m1 (I am fine with whatever, even if it's a little unorthodox)

Latios212

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'd prefer the n rather than the circle as it seems a bit more intuitive to read as someone who hasn't seen the circle before. I've updated the sheet accordingly :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot