Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Console: Arcade
Title: Ryu's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

Fantastic Ike

A fairly iconic theme, no? I have so many Street Fighter sheets arranged, I really should start actually submitting some of them

Zanza

Just passing by to say you're the hero we didn't deserve, but needed.
This theme is finally brought by someone to this website.
By the way, I've made an arrangement (still incomplete) of the same theme, but remixed for Super Smash Bros. WII U. If you'd like to see it, send me a dm.
Loberto Marco

Fantastic Ike

QuoteJust passing by to say you're the hero we didn't deserve, but needed.
This theme is finally brought by someone to this website.
By the way, I've made an arrangement (still incomplete) of the same theme, but remixed for Super Smash Bros. WII U. If you'd like to see it, send me a dm.

Thanks! Sounds interesting

Kricketune54

• Tempo is actually slightly slower at q = 138
• m2-4 RH these notes technically should be up an octave, but did you place them down an octave so they weren't higher than the melody?
• m9 RH the half rest of the top layer is down inside the bottom layer's first note
• m13 LH 4.5 hearing Cb
• m13 and m16 RH hearing this measure like so:
Spoiler
[close]
I think it would be better to write it like this because the Gb doesn't lift up at all (I think how m14 and 17 are notated is fine though). Maybe raise the tie a bit so it isn't touching the Bb of the lower layer.
• m14 and m17 RH lower layer 1.0 hearing Db
• m15 RH the 16th rest in the top layer should be at normal height, regardless of the quarter rest for the bottom layer being hidden or not. It might be better in this case to unhide said rest and place it below the 16th rest in the top layer
• m21,25 LH 4.25 hearing Ab not G
• m22 and m26 beat 1.75 and 2.75 Bb is actually Bn
• m23 RH This figure would actually be easier if 1.25 and 1.5 were up an octave
• m23 LH 4.0 hearing F instead of Db
• m27 LH hearing the following: 
Spoiler
[close]
• m29 RH hearing F as Gb

Fantastic Ike

Quotem2-4 RH these notes technically should be up an octave, but did you place them down an octave so they weren't higher than the melody?

Yeah. In the original track they kind of blend in so it was hard figuring out where they should go. I can bring them up the octave if we want.

Quotem23 RH This figure would actually be easier if 1.25 and 1.5 were up an octave

Right. Knew it wouldn't work with both octaves, so tried to make it playable.

Updated

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on September 05, 2023, 06:12:05 AMYeah. In the original track they kind of blend in so it was hard figuring out where they should go. I can bring them up the octave if we want.
I think I prefer it in the original octave, but it's your arrangement and would rather have this lower than the melody, by all means.

Relistened at m23 LH and I hear Db there as well on beat 4.0 where you had it originally, sorry about that. I wish there was some sort of channel splitting available, because this bassline is quite hard to make out at parts

For m25 RH lower layer, maybe you could do something like this, that way the tie will show from m25 to m26 and also play correctly on playback:
Spoiler
[close]

Fantastic Ike

QuoteI think I prefer it in the original octave, but it's your arrangement and would rather have this lower than the melody, by all means.

Mm, gave it another thought. Would rather go for clarity and put them up the octave.

QuoteRelistened at m23 LH and I hear Db there as well on beat 4.0 where you had it originally, sorry about that. I wish there was some sort of channel splitting available, because this bassline is quite hard to make out at parts

No worries! Yeah the bassline is super muddy, at least there's like 20 different versions of this song so it's easier to get a general idea of what the bassline might be. Helped as a solid foundation before I got into the meat of this.

QuoteFor m25 RH lower layer, maybe you could do something like this, that way the tie will show from m25 to m26 and also play correctly on playback:

Good idea, yeah. Figured playback wasn't super important but it reads better too now.

Updated.

Kricketune54

QuoteNo worries! Yeah the bassline is super muddy, at least there's like 20 different versions of this song so it's easier to get a general idea of what the bassline might be. Helped as a solid foundation before I got into the meat of this.
Yeah I found myself going between several different versions of this that seemed mostly the same. The SNES one is quite easy to make out, but seems like it is a little different at parts.

But this looks good, consider this approved

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

This is looking pretty good, not a lot to say!

-Instead of using the performance mark to play the whole of the L.H. an octave lower, I think to notate the L.H. in its original octave, and use an 8vb for the a part of m8 and for m18 and 19 (until beat 3).
-m7: I hear another Gb on beat 4.25 in the L.H.
-m23: It's not necessarily impossible to get to the low Bb on beat 1.75, but it's on the harder side of things. Maybe you could remove that?
-m24-25: Maybe instead of octaves, you could add in the extra voice in the organ here? (it plays Eb on m24 beat 2, and is a sixth below the rest of the melody up to m25 beat 4)

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

Zeta