News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Kara Kara Bazaar" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, July 10, 2023, 12:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Kara Kara Bazaar
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Radiak488417

Parallel 5ths ftw  8)

Notes:
-m9 RH: Beats 3.25+3.5 and 4.25+4.5 should all be moved up a step diatonically.
-m8+m11 RH: I'm hearing a C# on both beat 2 and beat 3. Also, just in m11, I hear a G# on beat 2.5. rip the clean 2 voice RH :'(
-m8+m11 LH: Beat 3 sounds like F# instead of E#.
-m12 LH: Could be an overtone but I think there's a G# on top of layer 2 beat 3.

Formatting:
-I can't exactly tell, but it looks like the numbers in the tempo are either the wrong font or the wrong size?
-The con pedale is pretty cramped between the tie in m1 and the slur in m4, you've got a fair amount of space above the first system so you could move the whole thing up a bit.
-I think the accelerando and ritardando in m4 and m5 might be better placed between the two staves, the accel especially is a bit confusing to read and looks like it belongs to the upper system since it's higher than the con pedale in m1.

Bloop

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 12, 2023, 05:30:38 PM-m8+m11 RH: I'm hearing a C# on both beat 2 and beat 3. Also, just in m11, I hear a G# on beat 2.5. rip the clean 2 voice RH :'(
-m8+m11 LH: Beat 3 sounds like F# instead of E#.
the more i listen to this the less i know what i hear hahaha
I got the C#'s and the G#, also some other stuff I missed. I don't hear the F# you mentioned though: wasn't sure if you meant R.H. or L.H., but changing either to F# sounds weird to me.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 12, 2023, 05:30:38 PM-m12 LH: Could be an overtone but I think there's a G# on top of layer 2 beat 3.
I think that's an overtone yeah, I can hear the same G# when playtesting myself

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 12, 2023, 05:30:38 PM-I can't exactly tell, but it looks like the numbers in the tempo are either the wrong font or the wrong size?
They should be right, they're the in the standard tempo marking font, just not bold.

Fixed the other things too, thanks for checking!

Radiak488417

Quote from: Bloop on July 13, 2023, 03:46:49 AMI don't hear the F# you mentioned though: wasn't sure if you meant R.H. or L.H., but changing either to F# sounds weird to me.
I meant in the LH, the lowest note sounds like an F# to me rather than an E# (F#maj9 chord). Though, like you said, these measures are a total mess to listen to with all the voices and overlapping notes so let's get another opinion lol

Zeila

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 13, 2023, 02:05:47 PMI meant in the LH, the lowest note sounds like an F# to me rather than an E# (F#maj9 chord). Though, like you said, these measures are a total mess to listen to with all the voices and overlapping notes so let's get another opinion lol
FWIW I'm hearing F# as the low note in both measures too

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 12, 2023, 05:30:38 PM-I can't exactly tell, but it looks like the numbers in the tempo are either the wrong font or the wrong size?
Quote from: Bloop on July 13, 2023, 03:46:49 AMThey should be right, they're the in the standard tempo marking font, just not bold.
They just look comparatively smaller because the alphabet characters are larger at size 14pt instead of 12pt. Maybe 13pt for the text would look more consistent without being too small? Also, I think writing "quarter = [c.] 60" would look cleaner than "quarter = [around] 60" since "c." is just shorthand for circa/approximately. If you want to be more direct though, then you could just leave it as is!

Aside from all of that, the E# on beat 3 of measure 1 is actually an En and doesn't tie correctly in the playback

Bloop

Quote from: Zeila on July 13, 2023, 05:43:38 PMFWIW I'm hearing F# as the low note in both measures too
huh I hear the F# now too, thanks for the second opinion ^^

Quote from: Zeila on July 13, 2023, 05:43:38 PMThey just look comparatively smaller because the alphabet characters are larger at size 14pt instead of 12pt. Maybe 13pt for the text would look more consistent without being too small? Also, I think writing "quarter = [c.] 60" would look cleaner than "quarter = [around] 60" since "c." is just shorthand for circa/approximately. If you want to be more direct though, then you could just leave it as is!
I like the c., I think I started using it in later sheets, just not here yet haha.

Quote from: Zeila on July 13, 2023, 05:43:38 PMAside from all of that, the E# on beat 3 of measure 1 is actually an En and doesn't tie correctly in the playback
#justfinalethings
Fixed that too!

XiaoMigros

man i hate that m8 & co. is triplets
  • I think I hear the G# from m11 in m8
  • Do you want to give the crescendo in m11 an ending dynamic?
That's all though, thanks for the help Radiak!

Bloop

Latios212

Looking good! It's odd that there's a B on beat 1 of m. 11 but not 8... but listening to the original what you have seems to match.

I think the main thing I want to mention is that it seems a bit odd that the descending RH line in m. 4-6 and 9 are written in 16ths and 8ths respectively, whereas in the original they're at a pretty similar style and tempo. Thinking about it more though, m. 9 sticks pretty closely to a strict tempo whereas m. 4 and 6 are looser, so it makes sense to differentiate. Hopefully the performer picks up on the implied loose timing and doesn't play them at very different speeds.

Other than that, just a couple of minor aesthetic comments for thought, nothing too important before I accept. I'm also quite tired right now so take these with a grain of salt ^^
- There's quite a bit of time spent at the end of m. 2 in the original. Have you thought about inserting a measure there with the chords tying over into a fermata half note, followed by a regular half rest? A marked rest instead of a breath mark to signify a lift might be slightly more in line with the rest of the sheet.
- You could just remove the lower RH notes in m. 14 to make it slightly easier to read, by avoiding having non-8va notes written under the 8va notes. The tie bending upwards right now also somewhat makes the lower D# in the upper chord easier to miss.
- I don't remember off the top of my head if it's required to have a fermata on both layers (which would apply to m. 14 LH).
- You could probably move the last two systems up slightly so there's just a little more space above the header.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2023, 07:26:38 PMLooking good! It's odd that there's a B on beat 1 of m. 11 but not 8... but listening to the original what you have seems to match.
not ocd-proof at all but yeah

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2023, 07:26:38 PMI think the main thing I want to mention is that it seems a bit odd that the descending RH line in m. 4-6 and 9 are written in 16ths and 8ths respectively, whereas in the original they're at a pretty similar style and tempo. Thinking about it more though, m. 9 sticks pretty closely to a strict tempo whereas m. 4 and 6 are looser, so it makes sense to differentiate. Hopefully the performer picks up on the implied loose timing and doesn't play them at very different speeds.
Yeah I wasn't entirely sure about that myself tbh, but this together with your first point about m2 made me re-check some of the note lengths in general. Most rests are a little bit shorter than I originally had.

Fixed the other things too!

Latios212

Fantastic, the changes look great! Let's get this in ^^

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta