News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[NES] Marble Madness - "Silly Race" by emanresU

Started by Zeta, August 11, 2023, 09:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Marble Madness
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Silly Race
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: emanresU

[attachment deleted by admin]

emanresU

XiaoMigros

This looks pretty solid for a first submission!
  • Even though having a key signature of one flat reduced the number of accidentals, this track is best written in C major.
  • 16th notes such as beat 3.5 in m3 and m6 would be better as staccato 8ths
  • Beat 1 of m5 and m9 would also be better as staccato 8ths
  • In m9, the LH C#s should be written as Dbs. However, for the triplets in the RH, I think those Dbs would be better as C#s. Same goes for the 16ths in m10
  • You should use a full measure rest in the LH of m10, I don't think the individual ones are needed here
  • Since there's a lot of space at the bottom of the sheet do you want to spread this sheet out across 4 systems, rather than 3?
That's all for now, let me know if you have any questions!

emanresU

Thank you - I've made the changes you suggested.

XiaoMigros

Thanks for the quick response! The changes all look good, here's some more things I found:
  • When you have an eighth rest followed by a 16th rest, it's okay to make them a dotted eighth rest if it starts on the beat. So places like beat 1 of m2, or beat 4 of m2 can all be dotted eighth rests instead. It's a little easier to read this way.
  • Because of the preceding C#s, you could add courtesy accidentals to the first Cs in the RH of m6 and m10.
  • I'm also hearing these chromatic figures in m5-6 and m9-10 an octave lower than you have written, are you happy with moving them down an octave?
    As a result it's possible to have the LH play the lower octave line in m10, rather than the RH playing both lines and the LH playing nothing.
  • There's still a little space at the bottom of the page, if you'd like, you can widen the distance between systems. Leaving as is works too though

emanresU

XiaoMigros

Looks good! Two more minor things:
  • The A#s in m10 should be written as Bbs
  • In m6, you can join the beam over the first 16th rest, it's a little easier to read this way.

Kricketune54

Round 2! I don't have any note bits to add after a look over, just will say it seems like this might be misattributed as far as song versions go. When entering a sheet to the site, we do try to be particular about which version is arranged; I would note for example how there are different Galaga sheets on site for the Atari and for the Arcade version.

So I think this technically should be listed as an NES track not an Arcade one, given this is the NES version you have linked and appear to have arranged.

I would just also add that the mf dynamic could be a little more aligned with the first note; the dynamics ideally are aligned to be centered over noteheads, so this mezzo forte could move a little more to the left to center over the first C.

Just fix that, I'll fix the sub information, and will accept!

Kricketune54

emanresU let me know of some computer problems (having to use a Mac currently), so I have made the very minor adjustment outlined above and updated the files, as well as the information for the console type. Accepting this sheet, great job and congrats on your first submission  ;D

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot