News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [SW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - "Sky Islands" by Even

Started by Zeta, June 11, 2023, 02:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Sky Islands
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Even

Fantastic Ike

Hey Even, judging by the amount of posts on here I'm gonna assume this is your first sheet. If that's the case, welcome!

I'm not going to speak much on the quality of the arrangement, since I think there's a couple formatting issues that need to be taken care of first. That way, when an actual updater comes to look at your stuff there'll be less to go over. :)

I could go over the formatting bit by bit, but I think it'd be easiest to take a look at this page and perhaps download the template there. Just copy-pasting into the relevant fields will probably save you a lot of work.

Verifying composers is tricky so soon after a big game comes out like this, so I'll leave that alone for now. However, it looks like "Nintendo EPD" is one of the developers, so you could potentially put that in the bottom credits.

I don't have much to say for the arrangement itself. It's a fairly simple track, so I don't think you'll have much to go over there. However, I'd strongly recommend A) providing a tempo on your sheet and B) having it be much slower than what's on the MUS score. Finale's default BPM is 120, and I'd probably peg this around the 60-70 mark just from a short listen. Another thing to do is get everything on 1-2 layers. From the looks of it, you have a lot of measures in layer 2 (red) or 3 (green) in the MUS file. Definitely some unnecessary rests you can get rid of too. (And I don't think you need the legato mark for whole notes?)

Last thing, you can make that long note in the last measure an 8th tied to a dotted half note. There's some page layout stuff that also needs to be taken care of, but I don't want to overwhelm you for now. :)

XiaoMigros

The arranger and I discussed this sheet over discord a little, where we agreed to leave the mus in a worse initial state while we make changes to it over time. If you look at the PDF you will find a more complete sheet. So I don't think these points (except the last one) are relevant just yet. Thanks though!

XiaoMigros

Nice to see a Dorico user here!

Allow me, also, to welcome you to NSM. In order for your sheet to be put on site, community members will leave feedback here, for you to implement as you see fit. Once two updaters give their approval, your sheet will be accepted and published to the site with the next update! I'll be your first updater for this sheet.

• This track has a few more voices in it than you've included at the moment; I'm hearing between 4 and 5 notes per chord. If you're able to, could you go over everything again and double check for accuracy? I'd be happy to help if needed :)
  • In the last two measures, I think it makes more sense for the G and C to land on beat 1 of m20, which means shifting the music in the RH one eighth to the left
  • Generally we try to position the composer text just below the subtitle, rather than it reaching up to the top of the page.You can also write more than one name per line, to save space.
  • I'm not sure what 'with a great vastness' as a performance direction is trying to convey; maybe something like 'Largo' (slowly and broadly) would be more fitting?
  • Really minor nitpick, but I would recommend writing 'Hold pedal throughout' rather than 'pedal held...'
Let me know if something isn't clear or if any help is needed!

Bloop

XiaoMigros

I'm going to archive this submission for inactivity. Feel free to resubmit any time!