News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PC] Deltarune - "Darkness Falls" by Francesco Lunar Minasi

Started by Zeta, April 21, 2023, 07:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

I've added that back in for you, it must have gone missing at some point...

One last thing I found: In m19, you seem to have shifted the synth figure from beat 1.5 in the LH forwards by half a beat, the Eb should start at beat 2. (Note that there is an Eb on beat 1.5 though, it's just part of the other instrument. If you want you can leave this Eb in or you can remove it and make the Cb a quarter note instead.)

Francesca

QuoteI've added that back in for you, it must have gone missing at some point...
Um, actually... it seems that by making it closed, Notepad automatically adds a repeating barline? And If I try to remove it, it just makes the 2nd volta open again.

QuoteOne last thing I found: In m19, you seem to have shifted the synth figure from beat 1.5 in the LH forwards by half a beat, the Eb should start at beat 2. (Note that there is an Eb on beat 1.5 though, it's just part of the other instrument. If you want you can leave this Eb in or you can remove it and make the Cb a quarter note instead.)
I'm going to fix that.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Lunarium on April 29, 2023, 09:57:25 PMUm, actually... it seems that by making it closed, Notepad automatically adds a repeating barline? And If I try to remove it, it just makes the 2nd volta open again.
That's odd.. I'll add that back in just before the sheet gets accepted, so don't worry about it for now.

XiaoMigros

Hi again! Sorry for the wait..

In m19, you seem to have replaced the synth part I suggested with a different part. Did you intentionally choose to write this part instead? It's not a problem if you did, I just want to check~

Francesca

QuoteIn m19, you seem to have replaced the synth part I suggested with a different part.
Yes, that was intentional, I hope that's okay ^^'

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Lunar~ on May 11, 2023, 09:59:42 PMYes, that was intentional, I hope that's okay ^^'
Yup, that's fine if that's what you prefer!

I'll approve this sheet, with a mental note to change the 2nd volta and the fermata positions later on.

Radiak488417

This is one of my favorites from Deltarune, so wistful...

• Personally, I don't think that notating the delay/echo effect in m1-6 as accented dotted notes portrays the original song very accurately on piano, the effect in the original is subtle enough that I think it'd be better left to the performer to decide whether or not to include it.  A performance note saying "optional dotted 8th echo on melody" or something similar would leave the option open for anyone who wants to play it, whereas writing out all the delayed notes doesn't really leave much room for interpretation.  If you do still want to keep it notated literally, though, then the echo in m4 and m6 should be tied dotted notes, like this:
  • I think m1-6 would be better written out in 3/4, since the rhythmic structure doesn't really change that much between this section and the rest of the song. If you do want to have a different time signature for this first section though, I think 6/4 would work better than 3/2. 3/2 implies that there are 3 strong beats per measure, but I hear there being 2 strong beats per measure because of the two dotted half notes in m4 and m8 LH. That's assuming you don't want to do 3/4, which I still think would be the simplest option.
  • In m2, RH beat 4-5 and LH beat 6 all sound like they're part of a separate voice from the main melody; in order to show this more clearly you could either move RH beat 4-5 to the LH, or move LH beat 6 into the RH in a separate layer.
  • m8 and m10 LH beat 1 should be Bb instead of Ab.
  • I don't hear the Bb on m8 LH beat 3.5.
  • m13 RH beat 1 is missing a Bb on bottom.
  • m14 and m16 LH beat 1, layer 1 should be Bb instead of Ab.
  • m18 LH beat 3.5 should be Ab instead of Bb.
  • It's faint, but m18 RH beat 3 and 3.5 sound like they're missing an Eb and Db on bottom respectively, and m19 RH beat 1 is missing a Bb on bottom.
  • m20 RH sounds like it's harmonized in the exact same way as m12 RH.
  • m20 LH beat 3 sounds like a Bb instead of a Db.